It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

10 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Or go to another school? You think Kaufman watching last night was like "Yeah, wish I was part of that". Or was he laughing his ass off?

It was an embarrassing representation of the fan base and another thing to be mocked at from other fans.

Again, if people don't think its a part of the problem (even a small part), you are wrong.  

Who cares what Kaufman thinks? He isn't here because of two things that have nothing to do with fans booing or what someone posted on twitter.

Archie has been a terrible coach and his team's performance is right there with him. His team's and his player's have not improved one bit and his in game coaching has been awful.

Fan's have every right to boo players and coaches just as they have right to root for and support them.

Let's face it, Archie is the problem. Nothing will get better until he is gone and someone comes in to change the culture and the direction of the program. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JJack said:

I'm not that old and I don't do social media.   In no way would I allow my wife to have a public known twitter, facebook, instagram, etc.   

Mr. Stoller isn't on social media at all; I have my own accounts, and I think Mrs. Miller has hers to provide support for her husband's teams and the school.  Her decision to make, I'd assume, and I would think she knows of the ugly side of twitter as well. (It's pervasive, but well-known, and once you know, it's easier to ignore.)

14 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Or go to another school? You think Kaufman watching last night was like "Yeah, wish I was part of that". Or was he laughing his ass off?

It was an embarrassing representation of the fan base and another thing to be mocked at from other fans.

Again, if people don't think its a part of the problem (even a small part), you are wrong.  

Thats why he went to PU because the product was an embarrassment not some fans booing. I am sure he is glad he chose to go elsewhere losing 6 in a row in year 4. Nice try though. Just curious have you played or coached at a high level. Most athletes I know are not phased by this type of thing, maybe we have become just so SOFT and that's the problem. No one should be booing a young man that has chosen to play for IU and is trying to do their best I agree with that completely, but if you think that is keeping kids away over the crappy product you are in real denial. 

I am frustrated by a fan that on any level go after a player or family member of a player or coach! 
The truth is come and have success, by that I mean a winning Big Ten record. Get to the tournament year after year. Show up and play hard in big games. Take care of our home floor. Would love to look good in Big Ten Tournament at least now and then! 
This fan base would be your best Allie. To help recruit help win games to make it special for kids to play here. 

9 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

I get the sentiment but what could IU do? This guy has probably never been to a game in his life so if they ban him from games, won’t stop him...IU should stay out of it and let his fellow fans pummel him

At least as an organization, IU should take a firm stance that certain things are not allowed in our society. Of course, there will be some hillbillies with cellphones in their hands, but still as a public educational institution, IU needs to do something to raise the awareness. That's, what I think, social responsibility. 

serious question here... if Dolson decides to keep Archie, would there be any kind of announcement?  i kind of wouldn't think so.  what would he say?  "We would like to address that most fans and media think he should be fired, but he will be coming back 1 more year on a short leash?"  obviously i'm exaggerating, but would they really announce he is coming back or not address it? 

15 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

OMG. I don't know what to say. Coach's family is and always should be off limits. IU should issue a formal warning to this guy. 

While I agree with you 100%, anyone (especially an adult related to a high-profile individual) should fully understand what a cesspool twitter is.  

Like others have said, the S.O.B. who made that comment should be deluged with condemnation.

5 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

At least as an organization, IU should take a firm stance that certain things are not allowed in our society. Of course, there will be some hillbillies with cellphones in their hands, but still as a public educational institution, IU needs to do something to raise the awareness. That's, what I think, social responsibility. 

I agree, but take minor exception with the hillbilly comment.  Surely you don't believe vile behavior is exclusive to that group?  Urban, even "celebrity" tweeters can be just as awful.

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

serious question here... if Dolson decides to keep Archie, would there be any kind of announcement?  i kind of wouldn't think so.  what would he say?  "We would like to address that most fans and media think he should be fired, but he will be coming back 1 more year on a short leash?"  obviously i'm exaggerating, but would they really announce he is coming back or not address it? 

My guess is there will be multiple meetings in the next few days. If they don't do or say anything in the next 5 days, they should all be fired...especially IU admin and BOT for their absolute incompetency. 

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

He needs to let it be known that Archie is the guy.  If not, recruiting is dead, including the transfer portal...  Fire him now or get behind him. If Dolson stands behind him, then the fans need to STFU. 

29 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

OMG. I don't know what to say. Coach's family is and always should be off limits. IU should issue a formal warning to this guy.

This is why social media can be soooooo damning. Another reason why I don't do Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or Tiktok.

Hoosiersportsnation is my ONLY means of social media. 

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

However unlikely for a postseason birth (speaking of NIT). Wouldnt they wait until midweek next week when all of that is sorted out?

I'd say the NIT is unlikely being they're going down to 16 teams and 12-15 just doesn't do it...Indy Star opined that IU wouldn't go even if invited...

26 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'd say the NIT is unlikely being they're going down to 16 teams and 12-15 just doesn't do it...Indy Star opined that IU wouldn't go even if invited...

Going to the NIT would only put salt in the wound. I feel we could possibly see riots and torches the way these idiotic fans have been acting.

2 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I agree, but take minor exception with the hillbilly comment.  Surely you don't believe vile behavior is exclusive to that group?  Urban, even "celebrity" tweeters can be just as awful.

Certainly those people do not represent IU and most of IU fans, but they tarnish IU brand and the pride. Thing is those terrible acts and comments stand out like a sore thumb and can affect peoples' perception of IU and IU coaching job. I'm sure it's not positive for recruiting either. There are tons of bad comments and criticisms for coaches, players, and ball clubs that perform poorly, and I think most of them can be justified. But we don't see many incidents of verbal attacks on coaches' families because most people know that's simply not right.

Plus, if I'm in Archie's shoes, I wouldn't and couldn't be loyal to the organization that doesn't lift a finger when my family gets harassed even though the organization isn't obligated to do anything. Bad performance can happen, and employee should be criticized. But the hatred towards the family members shouldn't be tolerated, especially if the organization is an educational institution. This thing happened to Crean's family, and it's happening again. This can be a PR nightmare. 

3 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Certainly those people do not represent IU and most of IU fans, but they tarnish IU brand and the pride. Thing is those terrible acts and comments stand out like a sore thumb and can affect peoples' perception of IU and IU coaching job. I'm sure it's not positive for recruiting either. There are tons of bad comments and criticisms for coaches, players, and ball clubs that perform poorly, and I think most of them can be justified. But we don't see many incidents of verbal attacks on coaches' families because most people know that's simply not right.

Plus, if I'm in Archie's shoes, I wouldn't and couldn't be loyal to the organization that doesn't lift a finger when my family gets harassed even though the organization isn't obligated to do anything. Bad performance can happen, and employee should be criticized. But the hatred towards the family members shouldn't be tolerated, especially if the organization is an educational institution. This thing happened to Crean's family, and it's happening again. This can be a PR nightmare. 

The things that Crean went through and what CAM will are absolutely nothing compared to the harassment and blatant racial attacks that Mike Davis endured. I don't condone any of this but lets not act like this is new behavior from our fan base. All teams that have passionate fans have a small percentage that act this way. Its just like celebrities when you put yourself and you family in that situation its inevitable that at some point you will face things like this. Not acceptable but reality unfortunately 

7 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

To be honest, most of this is on the administration.  Schools like UK,UNC, UCLA, etc lower the axe as soon as they know they've made a mistake.  IU, on the other hand, holds onto to coaches for at least a couple years too long.  I don't condone it but many fans believe they have to take things into their own hands as the administration is too incompetent to do what's necessary. 

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The things that Crean went through and what CAM will are absolutely nothing compared to the harassment and blatant racial attacks that Mike Davis endured. I don't condone any of this but lets not act like this is new behavior from our fan base. All teams that have passionate fans have a small percentage that act this way. Its just like celebrities when you put yourself and you family in that situation its inevitable that at some point you will face things like this. Not acceptable but reality unfortunately 

But it works both ways.  Alford was the slam dunk no brainer hire in 2001 but a racist BOT member wouldn't allow it and the administration caved.  Beilein was the absolute no brainer hire when Davis was canned but again our President wouldn't allow it purely because of race.  I'm not saying the IU fans are perfect but the administration bears much if not most of the blame.  They created this mess.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

But it works both ways.  Alford was the slam dunk no brainer hire in 2001 but a racist BOT member wouldn't allow it and the administration caved.  Beilein was the absolute no brainer hire when Davis was canned but again our President wouldn't allow it purely because of race.  I'm not saying the IU fans are perfect but the administration bears much if not most of the blame.  They created this mess.

And the fans need to let the administration know this.

Archived