It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

12 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Doesn’t Dolson have a connection to Alford? If they can’t land any of the top candidates I wouldn’t be surprised if a change is made and Alford finally gets a call whenever the administration finally decides it’s time to make a change. 

Dolson does have a connection to Alford and others. Dolson has been feeling the heat all year as other programs in IU athletic department are doing really well to well except the basketball program which is the most important to most of the big money people.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

Yeah and pay him $10 million and then hire another guy who knows he has only 3 years to show his stuff.   Great idea.

He's had 4 years, not 3. And if a potential coach was afraid of this job because he wouldn't think he could win after 3 years, then it's not somebody who should be on our radar anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

The University has the money to do it lol so yeah why not? I don’t give a crap about the buyout! 

The absence of ticket sales has made an impact on the athletics department revenue. Yes the university has the money but it will come from big donors as some on here have said! 3 million obviously is much easier to pay out than 10 . Who knows what will happen at this point in time but there is a lot of pressure on dolson . I am not saying anything that a lot of people who have lived here most of their lives hasn’t heard through people they know connected to the university.

7 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

He's had 4 years, not 3. And if a potential coach was afraid of this job because he wouldn't think he could win after 3 years, then it's not somebody who should be on our radar anyway. 

Hard to say a guy has had four seasons when he hasn't, but you do you boo. 

16 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

The University has the money to do it lol so yeah why not? I don’t give a crap about the buyout! 

Well that’s a rather amateurish viewpoint of the situation. Of course you don’t care about the buyout - but Dolson has to. 

Not saying it’s insurmountable but it isn’t non-existent. 

3 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

If I am Dolson, I would be talking to Cuban about assisting me in a coaching search. Just him, his $$, and myself...  I would be looking for someone with NBA experience and an offense that is appealing to days recruits...  no Alfords, no too tan clappers, no defense only coaches..

Couldn’t be a current NBA coach or it could be tampering 

Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

Couldn’t be a current NBA coach or it could be tampering 

Just experience.  Doesn't have to be a current NBA coach, just someone who has been there, understands it and can sell himself as being able to get recruits there... not saying 1 and done factory, but I think we have to adjust with the way the game is trending. 

23 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It’s literally his 4th season lol. Archie supporters are digging deep on his defense. 

Did you even read what you responded to? Someone said fire him right now. If he got fired right now, no rationale person would argue IU gave him four seasons. 

Unless they basically lose out, I’m guessing Archie gets one more year minimum.  Archie can point to some good wins and if they make toruney, have a normal off season, TJD comes back ... they SHOULD be a top B1G team next year.   Next years team should line up to be solid and Dolson, while evaluating this year, will point to next year as the put up or shut up year.  

Just my $0.02.  Which isn’t worth much.  

Not to mention, the freshman class looks really solid and are mostly 4-year guys.  Maybe 5 with COVID.  Next best class are the Sophomores.  

Year 1: 9-9

Year 2: 8-12

Year 3: 9-11

Year 4: 4-5

Overall B1G Record: 30-37

That isn’t going to get it done. CAM doesn’t know how to win against other coaches in the B1G and it shows. I don’t see this record getting much better and that’s a problem but hey it’s probably the players fault or something like that. 

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

This loss is on the players, not Archie. 

What I would say is that it was Archie that recruited these players and he needs to know if these players play with heart.  That is the problem recruiting today because it is all about AAU ball and not high school.  In AAU it is hard to see if a player actually has the fire inside him to motivate him to play hard every game.

Archived