It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

5 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Days like today make me wonder if IU should have just hired Alford after Davis was let go...could we be in any worse shape? Would he still be here? I would say so looking back now..we have had 3 coaches since Davis and been on probation, losing seasons  and outside of a few good seasons from Crean..mediocre at best.

The worst thing was Herbert interfering with the hiring of a coach and demanded Sampson.  I am not sure if true but Greenspan wanted to hire Belein and that would have ended up being a huge hire.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

Days like today make me wonder if IU should have just hired Alford after Davis was let go...could we be in any worse shape? Would he still be here? I would say so looking back now..we have had 3 coaches since Davis and been on probation, losing seasons  and outside of a few good seasons from Crean..mediocre at best.

I’m not saying Alford is the guy at all because I don’t think he is.  However sometimes people just fit better into jobs than others.  Alford is still highly thought of from “most” high school coaches in this state.  I see Alford at IU similar as Painter at Purdue.  I’ve said I want an IU guy and still do but Smart would be my top choice, as long as he’s got some solid help.  Would love to see a bench full of IU guys like Duke has over the years.  

26 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We got our very top target on the '21 class. He scored 6 points today. 

Will he be back next year? I mean we have lost at least 1 transfer every year under Archie. I expect us to lose someone this year too. If I had to guess it would be Rob or Lander. Just saying as easy as it is to say recruiting is going well it can reverse just as quickly. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Will he be back next year? I mean we have lost at least 1 transfer every year under Archie. I expect us to lose someone this year too. If I had to guess it would be Rob or Lander. Just saying as easy as it is to say recruiting is going well it can reverse just as quickly. 

From what I’ve heard Lander isn’t unhappy at all. He admitted to his family that the game is a lot faster than he ever imagined.  Hoping today it finally slowed down for him.  Then again he’s 17-18 so he may change his mind in a few months

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not saying Alford is the guy at all because I don’t think he is.  However sometimes people just fit better into jobs than others.  Alford is still highly thought of from “most” high school coaches in this state.  I see Alford at IU similar as Painter at Purdue.  I’ve said I want an IU guy and still do but Smart would be my top choice, as long as he’s got some solid help.  Would love to see a bench full of IU guys like Duke has over the years.  

He went to 3 Sweet 16s in 4 years.  Just saying. 

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Recruiting and maintaining a roster are a totally different game these days.

11 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Alford’s son is the head coach at Huntington too now. So I’m sure that would help with building relationships with coaches and keeping an eye on kids in the state. 

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't see anyone transferring out. Unless of course we fire their coach, then you will get some transfers.

I think this is a fairly close team full of friends

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Armaan 151  RP  135  Galloway 153  Leal 152

Why I said range because I was not sure of their actual rating.  I just mean that we need to not keep getting so many in this range of recruits.  Don't want the sure fire one and dones but we need to get higher ranked recruits.  UNC lived off guys between 20-70 and had guys who stayed 3-4 years when they won their last championship.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Why I said range because I was not sure of their actual rating.  I just mean that we need to not keep getting so many in this range of recruits.  Don't want the sure fire one and dones but we need to get higher ranked recruits.  UNC lived off guys between 20-70 and had guys who stayed 3-4 years when they won their last championship.

Agreed.  I really don't think our roster is all that talented if you think about it.

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Agreed.  I really don't think our roster is all that talented if you think about it.

I was thinking about that today.  The exaggerated expectations of our players, especially in the off season is really bad. 

2 minutes ago, BDB said:

I was thinking about that today.  The exaggerated expectations of our players, especially in the off season is really bad. 

To me RP and Al would be good coming off the bench and they would on a real good team.  I am hoping the starters next year would be.

Lander

Stewart

Franklin

Race

TJD

Archived