It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

4 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Scott I’ve been telling my friends this same thing. They can’t put winning streaks together .

I haven't checked but wondering what are longest winning streak is sice Archie has been here.  Also wonder about longest streak in conference is

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Funny how the same record can feel so different.  The Pacers were 9-7 and is 4th in the Eastern Conference and they are considered a good team.  IU is 9-7 and it feels like a huge disappointment

I think that is because we lost home games to NW, Purdue again, and Rutgers . Teams we should expect to beat on our home floor! 

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

Brunk may never play again.

This.  I stated this before in the Brink thread but back operations are tough.  A lot less invasive than they used to be but playing a sport like basketball with back problems let alone back surgery I feel is going to be a tough road.  A guy like tiger Woods literally just had his fifth operation and the main reason is because he won’t call it quits.  Odds are with a fusion he will always need surgeries until he stops playing.

Now we don’t know what Brunk had but I suspect a microdiscectomy for a herniated disc.  That surgery is pretty standard nowadays but getting a back into shape to get get pushed around by BIG post players is not going to be an easy task.

I really want to participate in the discussion but honestly dont even know where to start. I'm half in half out. I want and wish CAM all the success because if he succeeds then IU does too. Win a great game on the road and lose a crappy team at home. How am I supposed to feel? 

Ugh?  That's how I fell. WTF?

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I really want to participate in the discussion but honestly dont even know where to start. I'm half in half out. I want and wish CAM all the success because if he succeeds then IU does too. Win a great game on the road and lose a crappy team at home. How am I supposed to feel? 

Ugh?  That's how I fell. WTF?

My mindset is I want IU to win. So I root for them to win every game. I don’t have an issue with Archie. But if he doesn’t win at a much better clip than he has the last 3.5 years, then he needs to go. Ball is in his court, just win. 

I’ve said this many times...I like Archie and I think he is a capable coach. I do not think he’s a capable coach at this level. You can’t beat Iowa then lay an egg at home AGAIN to a team you should beat. Yes it’s partly on the players but this is what has plagued Archie since he arrived...consistency within his teams. They play great for a half or 1 big game then go back to lacking effort the next time out. It’s frustrating. 

I’m personally so apathetic about the program. We haven’t been relevant in years and somehow I suspect we won’t be again. I used to love basketball and look forward to watching IU basketball but now that excitement is gone. I really hope one day we can make the right hire to make this program a winner again. Unfortunately Archie just isn’t the answer. 

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I'd argue if your boss was halfway decent they would look at your progress and what you're doing to improve.

If your kids improved their grades, but their class ranked dropped a little, would you ground them?

Fair question I don't know but I do know that CAM makes a whole hell of a lot of money to continue being in bottom half. Good thing he does not work on commission. Maybe I need to put my crimson colored glasses back on to see all this improvements that some of you see. Oh there it is not I see it😀

Once again we compare our teams to the cellar dwellers and many are fine with it. I know good basketball and we are not witnessing it on a consistent basis.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Fair question I don't know but I do know that CAM makes a whole hell of a lot of money to continue being in bottom half. Good thing he does not work on commission. Maybe I need to put my crimson colored glasses back on to see all this improvements that some of you see. Oh there it is not I see it😀

Once again we compare our teams to the cellar dwellers and many are fine with it. I know good basketball and we are not witnessing it on a consistent basis.

It is sad! I expect us to top 3 in the big every year and compete for big ten championships! I expect a team that can be in the discussion for long NCAA tournament runs and national championships! Just hoping to make the tournament is not acceptable to me! North Carolina fired 2 of their own when they didn’t meet expectations! Archie needs to go because of his poor results! This is INDIANA not Northwestern! To many have lowered expectations because the last 20 years have basically sucked! 4 years is long enough to become competitive! Coming in second place is just the first looser to get noticed!

IU's final Rankings KEN Pom                                     Sagarin

2018                                71                                                 67

2019                                52                                                38

2020                               34                                                34

Current                           24                                                25

12 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

This.  I stated this before in the Brink thread but back operations are tough.  A lot less invasive than they used to be but playing a sport like basketball with back problems let alone back surgery I feel is going to be a tough road.  A guy like tiger Woods literally just had his fifth operation and the main reason is because he won’t call it quits.  Odds are with a fusion he will always need surgeries until he stops playing.

Now we don’t know what Brunk had but I suspect a microdiscectomy for a herniated disc.  That surgery is pretty standard nowadays but getting a back into shape to get get pushed around by BIG post players is not going to be an easy task.

I caddied on tour for a young guy who was a can't miss player. finished 2nd in his very first tournament, 4th in the US OPEN. Top 40 player for a number of years. filled my bank account. 😊. Made a swing change to get 10 more yards on his driver and wrecked his back. Spent the next 5 years on and off the tour until he lost it. Can't play sports with a bad back. It will always be there, fixed or not. I don't see Joey messing his life up for another season at IU.

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I haven't checked but wondering what are longest winning streak is sice Archie has been here.  Also wonder about longest streak in conference is

Listened to a radio show yesterday that said 3 was the longest. IU has never won 4 in a row under Archie in 4 years.

12 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Kenpom doesn't mean anything. 

Considering it is used by the selection committee it definitely means something. 

If the goal is to win national championships, KenPom which is used to determine who gets into the tournament and what your seed is matters more than your overall record which doesn't. 

Can someone remind me what our goals are around here? 

12 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

Im not looking to get into a back and forth.  If you want to talk honestly though, Gus Malzahn and Tom Crean have both had more success than Archie (so far).  So I guess you're right.  

It's the inability to put together consistency that got both coaches fired. Neither coach could show steady progression over an extended period of time. 

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Using crimson colored glasses doesn't just fuel people who feel the opposite of you, I'd argue those same glasses fuel a lot of the negative feelings towards CAM. Many of you refuse or incapable of taking a step back and making a fair evaluation either way because you get so emotionally wrapped up in 18 year old boys. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Considering it is used by the selection committee it definitely means something. 

If the goal is to win national championships, KenPom which is used to determine who gets into the tournament and what your seed is matters more than your overall record which doesn't. 

Can someone remind me what our goals are around here? 

For many I think the goals are to have 4 or 5 moral victories, win 1 or 2 we should not win and continue to finish in the bottom 3rd of the BIG. Everything else is gravy 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

For many I think the goals are to have 4 or 5 moral victories, win 1 or 2 we should not win and continue to finish in the bottom 3rd of the BIG. Everything else is gravy 

For others, it's to complain about everything and refuse to look at reality. 

Using crimson colored glasses doesn't just fuel people who feel the opposite of you, I'd argue those same glasses fuel a lot of the negative feelings towards CAM. Many of you refuse or incapable of taking a step back and making a fair evaluation either way because you get so emotionally wrapped up in 18 year old boys. 

Maybe or maybe I am just not intelligent enough to know the difference.  Lost that emotionally wrapped up in IU basketball 2 years ago unfortunately. I evaluate the product on the floor and it is inconsistent. Shades of greatest followed with too many shades of poor basketball. I call it how I see it with or without my crimson colored glasses. Anyone that thinks this program is on the rise is either in denial, on the staff with CAM or just does not understand what a successful basketball program looks like.  I better step back because I just might be getting too close to make a fair evaluation. For those that love where the program is or see progress I wish I could join you because I don't enjoy being in the place that this program has been for so long. 

For others, it's to complain about everything and refuse to look at reality. 

I would rather complain about everything in this world than to be complacent. That is where many also are. Reality is we are not a very good basketball program and you can't spin or twist whatever you want to try and say we are but the results should speak volumes. 

Archived