Potential replacement coaches

Just now, IU Scott said:

I think another reason we are not getting any leaks is because Dolson is doing the process and not a search firm. I think a lot leaks come from people in the search firm so with Dolson doing it you won't get leaks

The more people involved, the more sons, daughters, wives, husbands, cousins, neighbors, etc. involved. So no doubt about it.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to the radio and they were interviewing the voice of the Colts Matt Taylor.  It was mainly about the Colts but he is a lifetime Hoosier fan and they asked him who he wants as the next coach.  In his opinion his no brainer is Dane Fife and thought that would be a move to bring the fan base together.  I guess he doesn't read the message boards because there is only one coach that could do that.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I've shared this, but I used to monitor blogs and forums at the Celtics, and 99% of the stuff passed off as "insider" or accurate information would literally have us laughing out loud at our desks. 

That's not meant as a shot at the people that share information here, I like that they post here, it's just the reality that most of this stuff is 2nd/3rd hand at best and not really accurate. 

From now on, I am only going to post something if I know it’s factual.

As a start...

@5foulsis really a Catholic priest and the wife story is just a figment of his imagination. 

8 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

What do you think is the time line on a decision to be made? I mean with half the team in Transfer Portal. The new coach will need time to found out who’s coming back an fill his roaster! 

Well, if the new coach still has a team playing in the tournament, it may not be until early April.  

Anyone else starting to think that Scott Drew might be the guy that Dolson is waiting on? Goodman said that he’s hearing there’s some legit interest there, according to his “sources.” I personally think that Goodman is a quack, but who knows... he might actually be right. 

I obviously want BS, because I think that he’s the only one who could please the masses of IU alum/fans. I just don’t know if it’s realistic at this point. 

It’s just such a weird time right now. Lots and lots of damn smoke, but no definitive signals. I find it hard to believe that a donor(s) would cough up that money without a legit, proven replacement on board. I’ll give Dolson a ton of credit, because I don’t believe that anyone in the media truly has any leads, or ideas as to who it might be.  

8 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Anyone else starting to think that Scott Drew might be the guy that Dolson is waiting on? Goodman said that he’s hearing there’s some legit interest there, according to his “sources.” I personally think that Goodman is a quack, but who knows... he might actually be right. 

I obviously want BS, because I think that he’s the only one who could please the masses of IU alum/fans. I just don’t know if it’s realistic at this point. 

It’s just such a weird time right now. Lots and lots of damn smoke, but no definitive signals. I find it hard to believe that a donor(s) would cough up that money without a legit, proven replacement on board. I’ll give Dolson a ton of credit, because I don’t believe that anyone in the media truly has any leads, or ideas as to who it might be.  

I would definitely hear him out and see what he says about ethics and his relationships with AAU coaches in Indiana and whether it’s reparable.  I wouldn’t just ignore him off of a preconceived notion.  Maybe he can clear the air.   

Goodman’s source is probably Forde. Lol.  Although Forde knows Drew pretty well.  

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I would definitely hear him out and see what he says about ethics and his relationships with AAU coaches in Indiana and whether it’s reparable.  I wouldn’t just ignore him off of a preconceived notion.  Maybe he can clear the air.   

Goodman’s source is probably Forde. Lol.  Although Forde knows Drew pretty well.  

Yeah, I just don’t know yet. Until the press conference happens, it’s just all heresy at this point. I’m just ready for Indiana basketball to wake up and re-emerge. 

I know all the “reports” out there should be taken with a grain, heck a shaker of salt, but wasn’t  there one on some thread some where that SD was reaching out to IN AAU coaches to see how they felt?  When I read that, in the event it is true, I wondered if he was taking their temperature on Drew given the HMP saga. 

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Could be Muss?  Nobody knows.   But it seems like the longer it drags on - it’s not an “IU guy” nor John B nor Matta ... at least until a coach that is currently coaching says no. 

1 hour ago, OLDIUFAN said:

What do you think is the time line on a decision to be made? I mean with half the team in Transfer Portal. The new coach will need time to found out who’s coming back an fill his roaster! 

As soon as the target coach is available. 

14 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Could be Muss?  Nobody knows.   But it seems like the longer it drags on - it’s not an “IU guy” nor John B nor Matta ... at least until a coach that is currently coaching says no. 

It’s not a NBA assistant, college assistant, TV Analyst, or retired coach.

Or they would be named coach already....

15 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Why? It's been 10 days. 

Think of this like hiring someone for the C Suite of a public company, sometimes a move is made then a subsequent move announced immediately, but other times the search takes time because it is a hire you have to get right. Maybe Dolson and Beilein have come to an agreement, but Dolson wants to do due diligence? Maybe the same with Thad? Maybe an NBA guy has said they'll come but wants to wait?

There are so many possibilities and the reality is we just don't have much info right now. 

19 minutes ago, JugRox said:

I tend to agree. 

In my opinion, the only way it turns out to be one of those is if all the coaches currently still in the tourney that we may be pursuing end up turning us down.  I really think BS was number 1 choice and a couple of the coaches still in the tourney are on his wish list to talk to.

It's an important decision and I agree full due diligence should occur before rushing into a decision.  I think Dolson has his list of guys to talk to and won't make a decision until he either talks to them or gets turned down.  

Archived