Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

5 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Wait.....

How do we know he has not been at any of these meetings, or met with the new coach? Is this verified or conjecture?

It's as verified or conjecture as a few of your posts in this thread recently. Do you know? Do other posters? Don't know that answer either.....but you can't take a line in the sand defense while also preaching "both sides".....just a thought. Or I guess an opinion.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Wait.....

How do we know he has not been at any of these meetings, or met with the new coach? Is this verified or conjecture?

Rumor.  I have seen mentioned several times in different areas that some players were only able to meet over Zoom.  The 2 names I always heard were Franklin and Lander.

There was this group of photos that got released as well.  I was able to pick out about every other player except Armaan....

Hiding from the camera?  Completely possible.  Not there but had a good excuse?  Completely possible.  He just seems to be one of two guys that is sending signals that they are out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's as verified or conjecture as a few of your posts in this thread recently. Do you know? Do other posters? Don't know that answer either.....but you can't take a line in the sand defense while also preaching "both sides".....just a thought. Or I guess an opinion.

Huh?

You lost me. I was sincerely asking if that was verified as true. Because if we know it as 100% fact, it could definitely impact my views on the situation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Rumor.  I have seen mentioned several times in different areas that some players were only able to meet over Zoom.  The 2 names I always heard were Franklin and Lander.

There was this group of photos that got released as well.  I was able to pick out about every other player except Armaan....

Hiding from the camera?  Completely possible.  Not there but had a good excuse?  Completely possible.  He just seems to be one of two guys that is sending signals that they are out.

So lander is in another group shot of this meeting and Armaan is in that same picture but hidden by Brunk. Some other poster in a different thread found him. I don’t remember which one. Sorry. 

Edited by IUskim
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

But I'm not going to ever be in the camp of cool.....wish you the best of luck at Purdue or Kentucky or Illinois or Ohio St.

This is were I am at, if a player transfers to one of these schools, minus Ohio State, they are a rival now and I will never cheer for them. Most schools I would say cool good luck unless you play IU.

I have family in Michigan and they are fans of the Wolverines so they replace the Buckeyes lol.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Ok, thanks. The way you worded your post I thought I missed something known. 

I do know Lander has been in a few pics. So there is that. Not sure about Armaan.

24 minutes ago, IUskim said:

So lander is in another group shot of this meeting and Armaan is in that same picture but hidden by Brunk. Some other poster in a different thread found him. I don’t remember which one. Sorry. 

Yeah I knew Lander was in that group.  Sorry if that was not clear.  Armaan was one I couldn't find though.  I know someone pointed out some hair in one of the pictures they thought was Armaan.

The two guys who most appear out the door to me are Franklin and Geronimo FWIW.

I would like the team to stick together but I hope we don't wait too long.  No hard feelings things changed here, if they want to go...go.  Just don't take a bunch of time to do it if you are going to go.

I know this sound different but I hope Jordan stays. He reminds me of a more subdued less obnoxious Thomas Bryant in terms of energy. He had a fire in him that I didn't see in most other players. Not to mention his insane raw talent that I think CMW can turn into NBA level talent after another couple years. I hope he stays. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Also, I think every player except Armaan has met personally with Woodson.  Not this stupid ass Zoom meeting stuff, but actually face to face.  Dude is from Indianapolis.  You are like 1 hour away.  Why couldn't you make any of those meetings that every other teammate seemed to be able to make.  From what I can tell, Armaan has been the one guy who has always had something better to do then to come meet the new coach.  (If there is a valid reason, like sick relative or whatever, I retract, but it just does not seem like he is giving much of a chance at the moment.)

I like him as a player, I fully believe he has every right to go play ball wherever he wants, however, I don't think he is immune to criticism for how this has been going down from the outside looking in.

I didn’t know that and hadn’t seen it posted either, that changes my outlook quite bit and shouldn’t have posted a previous message. 

Edited by H00sier

59 minutes ago, H00sier said:

I didn’t know that and hadn’t seen it posted either, that changes my outlook quite bit and shouldn’t have posted a previous message. 

I would be really skeptical believing that type of post. Unless someone has a source that is really close to Woodson or Franklin saying that no such meeting has happened, the best reliable information you could have is that no meeting has been reported. No meeting being reported is a lot different than no meeting happening. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I would be really skeptical believing that type of post. Unless someone has a source that is really close to Woodson or Franklin saying that no such meeting has happened, the best reliable information you could have is that no meeting has been reported. No meeting being reported is a lot different than no meeting happening. 

Yes, do not take my post as gospel.  I am not there and am reacting to things I have read elsewhere.  There were 2 guys early on that I heard had only had zoom meetings.  That was early last week.  I saw that photo set and clearly Lander was in those.   He was right up front in one.  Armaan was the other I had heard and I could not make him out in any of the photos.  I was able to locate every other guy.

So my thoughts were based off the early rumors and that photo group.  But I have zero inside info personally.  So everyone should come to their own conclusions, not base their thoughts on what I have.

11 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Nah sorry tired of my soft ass generation! I don’t affiliate with that.. never had my parents speak for me when I played! 

Just because his mom is going to be on a Zoom call doesn’t mean she’ll “speak for him”, and, by all accounts Franklin’s family is a smart basketball family, if she had some good questions or concerns, what would be wrong with her voicing them?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Never seen a guy that loves to disagree more than Scott, just saying! 

you can count on it!  death, taxes, and Scott arguing whatever point you make.  i literally think he researches if he can't think of something immediately just to give you one example of how your point could be wrong.  generally it's very emphatic too.  you absolutely cannot be right because Scott disagrees!  i thought the board was going to explode when he and IUFLA turned aginst each other!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

i want all of them back, but i think outside of TJD, Franklin, Thompson, and Lander, i wouldn't lose a ton of sleep about finding players who can fit any vacated spots.  as long as TJD is back, i think we can survive one of those other 3 leaving and still be solid.  if we lose 2 or 3 of these 4, it could be a very tough season.  

• Like 1

I think priority 1 is retaining Armaan and 1b is Lander. 

I think Race is in a tough spot, which sucks because he may be my favorite player on the team. I think it’s safe to assume that Woody is not going to play two in the post. So this means Race is going to have to shoot from the outside more consistently and become a stretch 4, or his playing time is going to be drastically reduced. This will be especially true if TJD and Brunk come back and because we’ve retained Logan.  

I actually think Race’s decision may foretell what TJD is going to do. If Race leaves it’s possible there’s a greater chance TJD stays. 

• Like 1

Very nervous for the mid major programs. In some cases teams that usually finish in bottom third of P5 conferences. Transferring without sitting has made them feeder programs. 

Because people want the kids to be treated the same as adults we've created a chaos and a system that will change hoops and recruiting forever.  

Coaching change transfers are fine. Life tragedy transfers fine. This though isn't going to work. 

Edit-And for the life of me tie a gpa requirement to any and all transfers

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Very nervous for the mid major programs. In some cases teams that usually finish in bottom third of P5 conferences. Transferring without sitting has made them feeder programs. 

Because people want the kids to be treated the same as adults we've created a chaos and a system that will change hoops and recruiting forever.  

Coaching change transfers are fine. Life tragedy transfers fine. This though isn't going to work. 

21 year olds are adults. 

You can’t say somebody is mature enough to make a decision that impact their entire life at 17 or 18 like picking a college.  But then claim that same person isn’t mature enough to go “oh crap I made a mistake and need to change course”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

21 year olds are adults. 

You can’t say somebody is mature enough to make a decision that impact their entire life at 17 or 18 like picking a college.  But then claim that same person isn’t mature enough to go “oh crap I made a mistake and need to change course”

Didn't say that. Transferring without sitting is the key. 

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.