'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

32 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

In many ways he is exactly what would put our team over the top this year as a sure fire national contender...

But, but,but…wait. Wasn’t he recruited by that worthless coach, CAM? You know, the guy who is constantly referred to whenever this board needs a scapegoat for the lack of success of the program over the last few years? 
CAM had his shortcomings, absolutely. But Romeo, Aarman, TJD, Race , TG, Geronimo, are, or were wearing candy stripes because he brought them to Bloomington. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cthomas said:

I liked Franklin and was sorry to see him leave. Wish him nothing but success.

I liked him a lot and was also said to see him leave, but am very neutral on him now.

He was wanted here and would have started (and still would), but he chose to leave. It’s his life and he can do what he wants, I certainly don’t wish him ill, but he isn’t one that made an easy to understand decision to where I’m going to keep rooting for him actively. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Did you see his stats from last year because he struggled 

my read on that is that he is a thoughtful and perhaps sensitive kid who took a year to get used to his surroundings...much like he did in Bloomington. He got much better as the year went on last year, and it was largely a matter of belief...

I think Georgetown is just being stubborn with the Patrick Ewing experiment.  I don't believe there is a worse D1 basketball coach.  Dude makes Penny Hardaway look like a coaching savant.

I'd bet a lot of money that Ewing gets fired before the halfway point of the season.  It was a monumentally stupid decision to retain him last year after losing 21 straight.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

But, but,but…wait. Wasn’t he recruited by that worthless coach, CAM? You know, the guy who is constantly referred to whenever this board needs a scapegoat for the lack of success of the program over the last few years? 
CAM had his shortcomings, absolutely. But Romeo, Aarman, TJD, Race , TG, Geronimo, are, or were wearing candy stripes because he brought them to Bloomington. 

The evidence that he was not doing a good coaching job at Indiana is pretty compelling.  Crean brought, and developed, an even better core of players during his tenure, and had more success than Archie, but the time was right for IU to move on from him as well when they did.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The evidence that he was not doing a good coaching job at Indiana is pretty compelling.  Crean brought, and developed, an even better core of players during his tenure, and had more success than Archie, but the time was right for IU to move on from him as well when they did.  

Yeah, this. I liked Archie from Day 1 and still do like him, but it was pretty apparent it wasn't working wasn't likely ever going to work for whatever reason. 

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, this. I liked Archie from Day 1 and still do like him, but it was pretty apparent it wasn't working wasn't likely ever going to work for whatever reason. 

I liked the Archie hire at first but after the loss to Indiana State, I immediately had doubts. We should have known losing to them would have been a bad omen for his tenure.

UNC beat James Madison 80-64, even though they are winning they aren't beating lower level teams convincingly. I looked at their stats and all of their starters played over 30 minutes and only played their bench 32 minutes.  We need to run them and make sure hem get back on defense and we will tire them out.  This could be a game if our bench as well we can just wear them out.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

UNC beat James Madison 80-64, even though they are winning they aren't beating lower level teams convincingly. I looked at their stats and all of their starters played over 30 minutes and only played their bench 32 minutes.  We need to run them and make sure hem get back on defense and we will tire them out.  This could be a game if our bench as well we can just wear them out.

I’ve noticed some of the same things you have. This will be their first game against a non mid major opponent and their first road game. I think with SSAH rocking, this sets up for a potential 15 point win for us. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’ve noticed some of the same things you have. This will be their first game against a non mid major opponent and their first road game. I think with SSAH rocking, this sets up for a potential 15 point win for us. 

UNC just has to beat Portland and they get the winner of Iowa State/Villanova. The other bracket has UConn/Oregon and Alabama/Michigan State.  Win or lose, they'll play some decent competition on a neutral court.  I think they'll be highly motivated at IU and I wouldn't expect them to play with the same intensity as they did their early season opponents.

Edited by Lurker

27 minutes ago, Lurker said:

UNC just has to beat Portland and they get the winner of Iowa State/Villanova. The other bracket has UConn/Oregon and Alabama/Michigan State.  Win or lose, they'll play some decent competition on a neutral court.  I think they'll be highly motivated at IU and I wouldn't expect them to play with the same intensity as they did their early season opponents.

Thank you. I just looked at the schedule listed at CBS and they didn’t list those possibilities, just the games already scheduled.