'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Texas -Gonzaga I Hope Texas wins. I like what Coach Few has done out there! But would be the team to take out the 76 IU team SOFT CONFERENCE!! OTHER WISES the Zags Coach Few has upped the out of conference and Would not be bad Coach to get to Perfection But LIKE THE DOLPHINS LET IU BE THE LAST PERFECT TEAM!! PS I am a BEARS FAN Feel my pain!

Edited by loviubb

6 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Texas -Gonzaga I Hope Texas wins. I like what Coach Few has done out there! But would be the team to take out the 76 IU team SOFT CONFERENCE!! OTHER WISES the Zags Coach Few has upped the out of conference and Would not be bad Coach to get to Perfection But LIKE THE DOLPHINS LET IU BE THE LAST PERFECT TEAM!! PS I am a BEARS FAN Feel my pain!

Texas is on their way to a W. Just have to keep it up in the second half. 47-37 Texas at half.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Texas is on fire from beyond the arc. They're up by 18 with 7 minutes to go.

Now! IU 76 goes another  year with zero loses The Zags and coach Few are very worthy of their ranking and all they have done ! BUT AS A FAN OF THE BIG10 WOULD THEY OR SUCH KENTUCKY HAVE THE RECORDS THEY HAVE? If they were in the BIG 10  I think not!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Gonzaga was showing some cracks when they barely beat MSU.  I will say this for Mark Few...he doesn't hide his team in the non-con.

Honestly, it is hard to interpret meaning from the Gonzaga-MSU game for two reasons:

1. It was on an aircraft carrier, which impacted distance shooting from what I saw.
  2. MSU turned around and beat Kentucky - suggesting they may be better than preseason rankings.

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

MSU turned around and beat Kentucky - suggesting they may be better than preseason rankings.

...or that, as usual, Kentucky is overrated.

MSU is probably better than originally thought, but I still wouldn't bet on them to win the Big Ten.  Kentucky appears to be a poor-shooting team when they face any defensive pressure.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...or that, as usual, Kentucky is overrated.

MSU is probably better than originally thought, but I still wouldn't bet on them to win the Big Ten.  Kentucky appears to be a poor-shooting team when they face any defensive pressure.

Agreed, I would not bet on any team right now. I thought it would be a down year for big ten basketball, but performance of the teams suggests that there will not be a lot of easy games.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I noticed that one time IU recruiting target Matt Cross scored 2 points for UMass, which is coached by Frank Martin.

His 3rd school in 3 years.  Freshman at Miami Florida; then Louisville; now UMASS. 

Career so far is just okay.  Not bad, not great.  6.3 points per game.  3.7 rebounds.  53% from the field.

We talk about role players for 4 years, vs one and dones. 

I do not want one and done role players.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/matt-cross-1.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

His 3rd school in 3 years.  Freshman at Miami Florida; then Louisville; now UMASS. 

Career so far is just okay.  Not bad, not great.  6.3 points per game.  3.7 rebounds.  53% from the field.

We talk about role players for 4 years, vs one and dones. 

I do not want one and done role players.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/matt-cross-1.html

3 schools in 3 years.  I did not know that.  :coffee:

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

3 schools in 3 years.  I did not know that.  :coffee:

You posted a shoddy quick screen grab that looks like a child did it. 

At the same time, I invested an extra 4 minutes to research and type a thoughtful post that contributed to the betterment of this site, basketball in general, and perhaps all of mankind. 

There is talk of a Pulitzer.

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

You posted a shoddy quick screen grab that looks like a child did it. 

At the same time, I invested an extra 4 minutes to research and type a thoughtful post that contributed to the betterment of this site, basketball in general, and perhaps all of mankind. 

There is talk of a Pulitzer.

I’ve nominated you for the Nobel Prize in literature 

• Like 2