'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe it's because of football season....but I literally heard nothing about MSU/UK and Kansas/Duke games until yesterday morning. Zero promotion, discussion....almost so quiet maybe it's intentional. Just an observation.

Regarding games. It's November. Saw a lot of November looking basketball. 

On the UK/MSU game last night, Dickie V straight out said college basketball should not start until after Thanksgiving because it gets lost amidst all the football talk this time of year.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, IUProfessor said:

UNC has been anything but impressive so far. I'm just hoping they can avoid an upset and hold on to #1 until the 30th.

I’ve been thinking about this, for UNC to remain unbeaten they’ll need to win the Phil Knight Invitational, which would be 3 wins, two most likely against either UConn/Oregon and MSU/Bama. On one hand, seems unlikely they way they’ve struggled but on the other, not sure i want to play them riding a hot streak. I’ll be there so I have a vested interest!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

I’ve been thinking about this, for UNC to remain unbeaten they’ll need to win the Phil Knight Invitational, which would be 3 wins, two most likely against either UConn/Oregon and MSU/Bama. On one hand, seems unlikely they way they’ve struggled but on the other, not sure i want to play them riding a hot streak. I’ll be there so I have a vested interest!

If UNC gets through that unscathed, they'll have to play a lot better than they have thus far.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I see teams like Pitt, Syracuse and BC struggling in basketball and wonder how much of that could be due to switching to the ACC. Those are more of a eastern colleges and wonder if bring in the ACC has hurt recruiting.

Thinking they could do better than Jamie Dixon has hurt Pitt more than anything. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Cincinnati loses at N Ky 64-51. It's possible they were looking forward to playing Arizona in Maui next Monday. Phinisee with 4 rebounds and 4 assists but missed all 3 shots he took.

Picking up right where he left off.  Wasn't Rob a good shooter in high school?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Just wanted to give a shoutout to one of the newest Div.1 Basketball teams, University of Southern Indiana!

They notched their first D1 win against the Southern Illinois Salukis!

They are on the road in South Bend to play the Irish, not looking good in the 1st half....

Brought the lead down to 8 during the U12 timeout, ND has has back to back wide open 3s to push their lead to 16. Not looking good for my Eagles, but it’s 3rd ever D1 game! 

• Like 2