'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

5 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I’ve yet to see a consensus of what messed it up …what’s the general sentiment ?

A couple of things I read here and there...was not getting it done on the recruiting trail and wasn't a good fit with the players or the rest of the staff...got a little pushy with his politics and apparently most in the program disagreed with him. 

Oof.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Again.. this is an IU forum. He was not good enough for high D-1 competition. Don’t know why you feel the need to keep pushing him on here. 
If they don’t play for IU, where’s the relevance?

no brown hate ….riiiiiight ….you DO know what thread you’re in right ?  …not sure if he will average 20 a game forever but I do think he will keep getting better maybe you’ll come around at some point , If not, try and  keep the blood pressure low so you don’t miss the good iu season  on the horizon with a stroke or heart attack B45F58FB-FE83-430B-987D-797A98FC2BD9.thumb.png.42a30527bd2a6f0e6ccdd6a0920eef5a.png

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

A couple of things I read here and there...was not getting it done on the recruiting trail and wasn't a good fit with the players or the rest of the staff...got a little pushy with his politics and apparently most in the program disagreed with him. 

Oof.

Yikes …I had not read anything to that effect just some piece pushing how he left graciously without giving much or a reason and then heard conspiracy theories woodson wanted him gone becuase he didn’t wanna look over his shoulder ( which didn’t really seem plausible )

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Again.. this is an IU forum. He was not good enough for high D-1 competition. Don’t know why you feel the need to keep pushing him on here. 

The title of this thread is specifically college basketball that is NOT IU. If you're only here for IU related talk, then it's easy to disregard this thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

But this thread is about College basketball meaning the whole country.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The title of this thread is specifically college basketball that is NOT IU. If you're only here for IU related talk, then it's easy to disregard this thread.

Fair statement.

Steub, you're my IU brother, but you gotta learn to ignore the stuff that bothers you here.  Between Luke Brown and Turdue, I swear, you're gonna stroke out before the season is over.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Is it just me, or is Northwestern and Gerogetown, total trash? It's like watching an 8th grade game.

Yeah, not good... I keep waiting for some of the Northwestern kids to show some improvement... Buie, Berry, Roper... But they never do... Collins has problems developing the kids he has...

And Barnhizer doesn't look good... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, not good... I keep waiting for some of the Northwestern kids to show some improvement... Buie, Berry, Roper... But they never do... Collins has problems developing the kids he has...

And Barnhizer doesn't look good... 

I’m not to proud to admit when I’m wrong. There was a time I thought Collins was going to be really good. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m not to proud to admit when I’m wrong. There was a time I thought Collins was going to be really good. 

DUDE !! Collins first year, I was really worried. Of course we had Archy***, but I thought he was going to be the next SUPER big thing. 

Watching this game, those kids could not give two shits about being good. Heck, that is the worst street game I've seen in 15 yrs.

*** Or was it Crean? I don't recall the first year he arrived in Evanston.

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
Year question.
  • Like 1