'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Is Bellarmine eligible to go to the tournament yet

7 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

The announcers just said a FOUR year ban / transition period ?!?  If so that’s the most nonsensical rule I’ve ever heard and I don’t know why kids went to bellarmine knowing they were tourney ineligible their whole career 

Correct.  They were given a 4-year transition period.  it was quite the story here in the Louisville area when they announce they were going D1.  Totally ridiculous if you ask me.  Was USI in Evansville given the same?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Correct.  They were given a 4-year transition period.  it was quite the story here in the Louisville area when they announce they were going D1.  Totally ridiculous if you ask me.  Was USI in Evansville given the same?

Yes. USI was mandated the 4 year "transition" period as well.

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

What purpose would that serve ? I guess I don’t see any point 

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Scottie Davenport is a helluva coach.  

In reality, Louisville should have hired him.  He wouldn't have been a high profile hire, but he is a Louisville (the city) guy through and through.  WDRB did a story on him when his old HS put up one of those so and so's Louisville signs.  I have no doubt he would have been successful there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Every team that wants to bump up gets the 4 year ban, however, I think they want to drop it to just 2 years now 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Every team that wants to bump up gets the 4 year ban, however, I think they want to drop it to just 2 years now 

I was not familiar with the particulars …have you read into or found any of the reasoning associated with the transition period ? Seems to me jumping from d2 to d1 is disadvantage enough 

21 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I was not familiar with the particulars …have you read into or found any of the reasoning associated with the transition period ? Seems to me jumping from d2 to d1 is disadvantage enough 

Take your pick:

https://fansided.com/2014/12/19/ncaas-division-1-transition-period-necessary-college-basketball/

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Mike Trico was on DD show today and talking about the landscape of college athletics and college basketball. On college basketball he wishes that the start of the season could be done on a bigger stage.  It is just like the season started and have no fan fair what so ever. Also the next thing he talked about sounded like me on here for years. Talked about how the product we see on the court of the field is just not as good or entertaining than it use to be.  He is not liking how NIL and the transfer portal is ruining college athletics.  He sees it spiraling out of control and something needs done before it totally is ruined.

I've seen lots and lots of media guys talking about this like it's a national emergency but I just don't see it. Not too many other people seem to worry about it either. Friday you've got MSU/Gonzaga on an aircraft carrier and next week starts a bunch of really good tournaments. Who really cares that these aren't the very first games?

Football is still king and college hoops is all about March and the NCAA tournament. No amount of hype or events at the very beginning of the season is going to make a big impact regardless. But these guys will still complain about it every year.

• Like 2

BSU game. SIAP

Just took a look at the box score from BSU-Earlham game. BSU 109, Earlham 39. (you read that right)

Here's a link to the box score if you're interested, but BSU only had 4, 3 pointers for the game, and still scored 109. 23 assists, and only 10 TO's.

https://ballstatesports.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2022-23/earlham/boxscore/12648

Hopefully Michael Lewis has got a good thing started there.

Edited by DWB
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, DWB said:

BSU game. SIAP

Just took a look at the box score from BSU-Earlham game. BSU 109, Earlham 39. (you read that right)

Here's a link to the box score if you're interested, but BSU only had 4, 3 pointers for the game, and still scored 109. 23 assists, and only 10 TO's.

https://ballstatesports.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2022-23/earlham/boxscore/12648

Can't read anything into that game for BSU. There are high school teams in IN and OH that would beat Earlham.

Earlham is a D3 school (non-scholarship) with 700 students. Their last winning season was 2002-03. One bit of trivia - from 1965-1974, their head coach was Hall of Famer, Del Harris.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DWB said:

BSU game. SIAP

Teams scored 100 pts a lot even before the 3 point shot was even a thing

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lurker said:

Lander finished with 3 points as WKU won by 6.  Tayshawn Comer, a freshman from Cathederal HS, started for EKU and had 10p 2r 3a.

How was the tunnel walk?

“A couple of [my teammates] have talked about how we are going to put our best outfits together for the tunnel walks. Everyone is excited about it,” said Lander,

• Haha 2