'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

2 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

Braden Smith is by far Purdue's best player.

2 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Smith is going to be really really good. Always wished IU would of offered

Wtf? Let’s just change the thread title to “Toiletmakers love fest.”

Why do you guys continue to encourage someone from our worst rival?

I think this board has become infected by interbreeding 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I'm not going to apologize that my life doesn't revolve around hate for Purdue.

They played tonight and Braden Smith (who's from the town I live in by the way) looks like a really good player, so I posted in the thread dedicated to general discussion of other teams.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

47 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I'm not going to apologize that my life doesn't revolve around hate for Purdue.

They played tonight and Braden Smith (who's from the town I live in by the way) looks like a really good player, so I posted in the thread dedicated to general discussion of other teams.

Oh Purdue makes me as sick as the next guy ….that being said , when you follow a kid through their high school career and they end up at Purdue …while that clearly shows they lack rational reasoning skills …it doesnt mean you cant still admire the individuals abilities. Furthermore , when IU doesnt offer them AT ALL I think that increases the point exponentially ….he could have been wearing red if we offered him , Wish we had him

10 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

He’s gonna be a thorn in our side …he’s not big but he’s a gamer and he sees the floor like few people do 

His vision is a skill that helps him out a ton. His long arms also help him defensively to make up for his lack of height. He's going to be a really good PG for Purude. IU has some good ones on the team and on the way too so it'll be fun to watch moving forward. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 12:11 AM, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Couldn’t agree more he would have been a solid upperclassmen contributor at a big ten school …the shooting was good but what makes someone his size capable of playing at any level are the passes like at 230 in first half and the inbounds pass that  goes back court about 35 seconds left in first half …if you have access to the game check those out !  Stetson was fun to watch and it looks like iu is gonna be even more athletic this year so should be lots of fun basketball !

He still could be a contributor at a power 5 school later on as a grad transfer depending on how things play out with him. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Didn’t get to watch the game but curious what you saw because his stats in the box score didn’t jump out at me

Totally understand, I agree the box score didn’t stand out  ….if you can stomach it, which I  only did because they weren’t conflicting with a team I like and because I followed kaufman and Furst pretty closely and I was curious to see how Braden would translate his game,  watch the next one and pay attention to how he handles the ball/ sees the floor/ controls the flow tempo and offense in general .  What I think you’ll be impressed with is that even vastly under sized for big ten play and without hyper athleticism to make up for it he is as poised as a seasoned point guard in his fourth or fifth year and that’s very rare as a 19 year old jumping from high school  and into the big ten.  All the steaks he racked up aren’t because he is an athlete he just has one of those rare sixth senses for the game he’s the type that will always know where the ball is and where it’s going and he will exploit athleticism on the offensive end and create a lot of open shots …….I expect he will take some lumps when he has poor shooting nights be here has a great shot and he doesn’t lack confidence so I would say think kind of a Jordan bohannon mixed with Aaron craft , he will be an annoyance he will keep his team settled and even though he’s not the best athlete on the floor there are going to be games he sticks some knives in us 

• Thanks 1

This is all well and good, but I watched probably half the Wisconsin- Milwaukee - Purdue game, and the Boilers shot 38% against one of the sorriest defensive teams I've ever seen...

Loyer was so open a couple of times I think I was the closest human to him, and I'm in Texas 😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

This is all well and good, but I watched probably half the Wisconsin- Milwaukee - Purdue game, and the Boilers shot 38% against one of the sorriest defensive teams I've ever seen...

Loyer was so open a couple of times I think I was the closest human to him, and I'm in Texas 😮

Edey missed 9 shots, but had 10 offensive rebounds 😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Didn’t get to watch the game but curious what you saw because his stats in the box score didn’t jump out at me

Like everyone else has been saying, he's got all the intangible point guard skills you typically expect out of a junior/senior.  He may end up as Purdue's version of Aaron Craft.

Granted:

- it's one game

- he's a freshman

- it's a long season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

DA 5-12 from three. Where was that before? Antoine Davis was 4-12, so clearly Mike gives his guys the green light. 

I believe DA was 1-5 early on and at IU that would get him benched.  I think it just shows the Horizon league is probably a more appropriate level for him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rogue3542 said:

Like everyone else has been saying, he's got all the intangible point guard skills you typically expect out of a junior/senior.  He may end up as Purdue's version of Aaron Craft.

Granted:

- it's one game

- he's a freshman

- it's a long season

Check check and check And he will see more athletic defenses come

big ten time ….if he can get his 3pt shooting to hover around 40% and he can adjust to the bigger quicker defenders he’ll be fine and keep getting better …if not he will be a minutes guy but I’m betting on the former especially over the course of a career

45 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Check check and check And he will see more athletic defenses come

big ten time ….if he can get his 3pt shooting to hover around 40% and he can adjust to the bigger quicker defenders he’ll be fine and keep getting better …if not he will be a minutes guy but I’m betting on the former especially over the course of a career

Milwaukee couldn’t throw it in the ocean but they have waves of long athletic perimeter defenders