'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

48 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Most of his misses were ugly 

just rewatched….I think almost all were missed 3’s 

46 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Milwaukee couldn’t throw it in the ocean but they have waves of long athletic perimeter defenders 

This is a weird Wednesday when I’m arguing the merits of a Purdue freshman to someone skeptical that has a Purdue tag name ……umw has long athletic defenders relative to their conference but with due respect it’s not the same level as what a big ten guard will go against night in and night out during conference play over a lengthy conference schedule 

I expect he will have some ugly shooting games …in high school he had impunity and could shoot him self into a rhythm even on a bad night …he won’t have the same leash especially as a freshman so he will have to learn to adjust in that regard but I think you’ll find he’ll level out to being very consistent from distance and he will contribute in the score column especially when loyer is hitting which will free him up 

Mike Trico was on DD show today and talking about the landscape of college athletics and college basketball. On college basketball he wishes that the start of the season could be done on a bigger stage.  It is just like the season started and have no fan fair what so ever. Also the next thing he talked about sounded like me on here for years. Talked about how the product we see on the court of the field is just not as good or entertaining than it use to be.  He is not liking how NIL and the transfer portal is ruining college athletics.  He sees it spiraling out of control and something needs done before it totally is ruined.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Mike Trico was on DD show today and talking about the landscape of college athletics and college basketball. On college basketball he wishes that the start of the season could be done on a bigger stage.  It is just like the season started and have no fan fair what so ever. Also the next thing he talked about sounded like me on here for years. Talked about how the product we see on the court of the field is just not as good or entertaining than it use to be.  He is not liking how NIL and the transfer portal is ruining college athletics.  He sees it spiraling out of control and something needs done before it totally is ruined.

He is just worried about Syracuse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Alford was the best, and Hulls a close second.

In his 3 years playing varsity at IU, Steve Green shot .466, .556 and .582 for an average of .538

For an apples to apples comparison, in his last 3 years Alford shot .538,.556 and .474 for a .533 average.

Green was every bit the shooter that these more recent guys were. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In his 3 years playing varsity at IU, Steve Green shot .466, .556 and .582 for an average of .538

For an apples to apples comparison, in his last 3 years Alford shot .538,.556 and .474 for a .533 average.

I'd agree with that... You give Steve Green an even semi-open look from the corner, and you could pretty much count it... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Alford shot .592 his freshman year

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Interesting that his percentage worsened 

Could it be because his senior year the 3 point line was used? What I wouldn't give to have those type of shooters on the roster, in particular Alford's free throw shooting. There is no excuses for Indiana not being a better free throw shooting team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just thought it was funny that he took his best year out. Why don't you take each players first 3 years stats

It wasn't to "take his best year out." It was to compare stats of the sophomore through senior seasons, in other words, the 3 years Green was able to play. It is just coincidence that it was Alford's best year by shooting percentage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

He’s not wrong 

43 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You’re not wrong …did the state info show attempts for comparison sake ?

32 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Interesting that his percentage worsened 

I’d be curious to see if his shot load increased …tougher to maintain a high percentage when you increase volume …I’m also assuming as he aged he was drawing more attention from a game plan perspective and had an increased emphasis from the defensive scheme of the opponents 

29 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Could it be because his senior year the 3 point line was used? What I wouldn't give to have those type of shooters on the roster, in particular Alford's free throw shooting. There is no excuses for Indiana not being a better free throw shooting team. 

Many critical games decided by the line