'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

UNC losing to College of Charleston by 5 halfway through the 1st... 

UNC was actually a pretty mediocre team last season and were only an 8 seed in the NCAAT. They just happened to get hot at the right time. Kind of like UCLA a few years ago. The question about them is is whether or not that would carry over into this season. I don't think it has, also like UCLA.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

UNC was actually a pretty mediocre team last season and were only an 8 seed in the NCAAT. They just happened to get hot at the right time. Kind of like UCLA a few years ago. The question about them is is whether or not that would carry over into this season. I don't think it has, also like UCLA.

Hell, they were talking of getting rid of Hubert when things were going so wrong.  lol

• Like 3

14 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

No I still think he will be really really good …one of those 4 year guys you hate 

Sure but a lot of the hype around him was his instant impact, best player in practice etc. 

I don’t want to sound down on him because I think he’ll be a good player, but he certainly through the first couple of games doesn’t appear to be Purdue’s “best player” or whatever report that was.

14 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Sure but a lot of the hype around him was his instant impact, best player in practice etc. 

I don’t want to sound down on him because I think he’ll be a good player, but he certainly through the first couple of games doesn’t appear to be Purdue’s “best player” or whatever report that was.

I missed that so I wasn’t contradicting you I’m sorry ….I didn’t think he’d start much less make a major impact , if he did it wouldn’t have shocked me but I definitely wouldn’t have expected it …his athleticism and size make it tough to come in as a freshman ….I think as he develops and gets used to the speed he will do what he has always done and adapt to the game and take on a leadership role …..I’m worried about him as an upperclassman not this season

Sparks defender flops in post while he’s off ball and so he’s standing alone under the basket with no human within ten feet of him and jacobs drives the ball with a defender hanging on him right to the rim and throws up a contested shot ….hopefully ball movement comes when Lewis players start getting into the system 

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I wish Archie the best but it almost seems like the IU job broke him. Or maybe he just got lucky at Dayton. 

As much as I liked Archie when he was hired, he was obviously wrong for IU. What CMW has done in such a short period of time just underscores that. I think we have finally gotten it right. I hope coach Miller has success, but I'm glad he is there and not here.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

As much as I liked Archie when he was hired, he was obviously wrong for IU. What CMW has done in such a short period of time just underscores that. I think we have finally gotten it right. I hope coach Miller has success, but I'm glad he is there and not here.

I know people weren't on board with the CMW hire. I was and it will prove to be a decision that pays in dividends. A new era has begun. 

I liked the Archie hire. Good on paper but didn't work out. 

When Woody is done he can pass the torch in a way coach knight wasn't able to do. The present and future of IU basketball is bright. 

• Like 5