'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

4 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I’d be curious to see if his shot load increased …tougher to maintain a high percentage when you increase volume …I’m also assuming as he aged he was drawing more attention from a game plan perspective and had an increased emphasis from the defensive scheme of the opponents 

His senior Alford had a 3 point line and a shot clock where his first 2 years didn't have either one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In his 3 seasons Green was 525 made on 976 attempts

In his last 3 seasons Alford was 727 made on 1396 attempts, including a whopping 508 shots his senior season

Sounds like several factors contributed but the volume alone makes the percentage tougher to maintain  that is a BUNCH of shots 

57 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Alford's 4 years 

1) 171-289 .592 

2) 232-431 .538 

3) 241-457 .556

4) 241-508 .474 overall 107-202 .520 from 3

Dude. No one is saying that Alford wasn't a great shooter. Just the opposite, in fact. What is being said is that IU has had some other great shooters. These other shooters, such as Green, were so good that it's not beyond debate who the best shooter at IU has been. You're defending Alford so much that it seems like you're taking this as some insult on Alford. It's not that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Dude. No one is saying that Alford wasn't a great shooter. Just the opposite, in fact. What is being said is that IU has had some other great shooters. These other shooters, such as Green, were so good that it's not beyond debate who the best shooter at IU has been. You're defending Alford so much that it seems like you're taking this as some insult on Alford. It's not that.

Why you hating on Steve Alford?  

• Haha 4

I don't think we'd be happy unless every single IU game was Illinois at IU in 2002. You can find the clip on YouTube.

I know I feel like that sometimes...haha. Was at that game. One of the greatest shooting displays for a team I've seen live. Bill Self basically knew his stuff was cooked 8 minutes in. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Not trying to defend Alford but someone asked about his volume of shots. So I looked up the stats and posted them

• rico changed the title to '22-'23 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)
22 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Must be the hair parted down the middle. Makes ya wanna punch him. 

When I was in the USAF a new trainee came into our workplace with his hair parted in the middle. The Chief jokingly told him that we suspected people who parted their hair in the middle to be dopers.

He came in the next day with it parted on the side 😂

• Haha 1

Pretty slim pickings for games tonight.  Seton Hall is on FS1, they have Dre and Tae Davis, brothers from Indy. Dre spent two years at Louisville and Tae's recruitment was mentioned here briefly I think.  Louisville is on the ACC network at 9 against Bellarmine. Be nice to see UL lose again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Pretty slim pickings for games tonight.  Seton Hall is on FS1, they have Dre and Tae Davis, brothers from Indy. Dre spent two years at Louisville and Tae's recruitment was mentioned here briefly I think.  Louisville is on the ACC network at 9 against Bellarmine. Be nice to see UL lose again.

And bellarmine has tons of indiana kids including Kurt hopf from BR