'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

1 hour ago, landrus13 said:

Were you at the BSU/INS game? I was there and it was a great game. It was a fun watch. Coleman for BSU is a STUD. Dude can shoot the lights out. He was making me angry.

I was watching on espn app but was not there …Coleman looked like a huge addition ( or readdition if you will ) but my general take away is that isu plays great team basketball and ball state is playing exactly like last year unfortunately ….it was a fun game but if Coleman hadn’t been nba jam level on fire bsu gets beat by 20 easy 

1 minute ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I was watching on espn app but was not there …Coleman looked like a huge addition ( or readdition if you will ) but my general take away is that isu plays great team basketball and ball state is playing exactly like last year unfortunately ….it was a fun game but if Coleman hadn’t been nba jam level on fire bsu gets beat by 20 easy 

Coleman was easily their best player. He was fantastic. Ball State looked decent. ISU is better than last year for sure. They're fun to watch, a lot more fun than the Lansing days. I'll check out a few more BSU games to check out that Coleman kid. They also have a lot of Indiana kids on their roster.

19 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Coleman was easily their best player. He was fantastic. Ball State looked decent. ISU is better than last year for sure. They're fun to watch, a lot more fun than the Lansing days. I'll check out a few more BSU games to check out that Coleman kid. They also have a lot of Indiana kids on their roster.

They do …I love Peyton sparks he has come such a long way since his freshman year of high school and may be dominant as an upper classman in that conference ….the issue is they rarely move the ball and do a ton of dribbling …they often rely on athleticism and take tons of difficult shots and I’ve rarely seen a team less willing to make the next pass for an open shot ….they could be SO much better if they played as a team ….indiana state had tons of energy and moved the ball well I enjoyed them 

1 hour ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

They do …I love Peyton sparks he has come such a long way since his freshman year of high school and may be dominant as an upper classman in that conference ….the issue is they rarely move the ball and do a ton of dribbling …they often rely on athleticism and take tons of difficult shots and I’ve rarely seen a team less willing to make the next pass for an open shot ….they could be SO much better if they played as a team ….indiana state had tons of energy and moved the ball well I enjoyed them 

Yeah, they did seem to play a lot of one on one. I think they'll get better as the season goes. I'd expect a top half finish in the MAC if Coleman and Sparks stay healthy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Jay Wright was a great coach, but the drop off for Villanova is shocking... Getting beat by a Temple team that had already lost to Wagner, and struggling against Delaware State...

They certainly don't look like the 16th best team in the country (their preseason ranking)

Down 27-24 at the half. 0-16 from 3 and 12 of their 24 points have come from the line.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Can we start a Brown thread so that the few people interested can participate?

Had one of those and it had the most posts …you complained about it and the guy took it down ….now on Stetson days in the college thread you still have hurt feelings about it ?  I think it’s time to bury the brown hate my friend 

3 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Had one of those and it had the most posts …you complained about it and the guy took it down ….now on Stetson days in the college thread you still have hurt feelings about it ?  I think it’s time to bury the brown hate my friend 

No Brown hate… just don’t see how he gains traction on an IU board. Don’t see any relevance 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No Brown hate… just don’t see how he gains traction on an IU board. Don’t see any relevance 

Oh cmon now …no hate ? You were skeptical and vocal of his play through most of his high school career and now coming off back to back 20 point games ( leading his team in scoring in both wins ) to start the season  you are making negative comments about him being mentioned in the college hoops thread when almost every indiana kid playing d1 gets their updates tossed in on game days ….ya know ya MIGHT actually enjoy  rooting for him if you’re willing to be open to the possibility ya might have underestimated him …could be fun if ya try 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Oh cmon now …no hate ? You were skeptical and vocal of his play through most of his high school career and now coming off back to back 20 point games ( leading his team in scoring in both wins ) to start the season  you are making negative comments about him being mentioned in the college hoops thread when almost every indiana kid playing d1 gets their updates tossed in on game days ….ya know ya MIGHT actually enjoy  rooting for him if you’re willing to be open to the possibility ya might have underestimated him …could be fun if ya try 🤷‍♂️

Again.. this is an IU forum. He was not good enough for high D-1 competition. Don’t know why you feel the need to keep pushing him on here. 
If they don’t play for IU, where’s the relevance?