'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

6 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

I’ve heard that but I don’t see why that would be. The champions classic is held in the beginning/middle of November and the crossroads classic was always held on the 3rd Saturday of December. Unless there is some other contractual issue behind being involved in both events, I don’t see why that would have been an issue.

It wasn't the champions classic but wad the CBS sports classic that OSU plays in with UCLA, UK and I think KU

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I did some looking.   Louisville's talent is mostly frosh and sophomores.  I counted 4 four star guys and one 5 star.  Maybe they will gel.  Outside of Duke and Carolina,  how tough is the acc?  Have some hodge podge transfers.  A guy that was #8 juco.  

Maybe some are hurt ? I didn’t study their roster but none of their kids stood out as above average athletically they had one guy who could get where he wanted but I didn’t think he was a freshman ….I hope for their sake they all were lol 

Tuned in to the Western Ky/UIndy game to check out Lander. Saw him hit a three, commit a turnover, foul and tech foul and airball a 3.  Hard to believe anyone could even mention him as a one and done. I know they have a veteran team and it will take time for him to gel with his team mates, but, man, I'm glad he transferred.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Tuned in to the Western Ky/UIndy game to check out Lander. Saw him hit a three, commit a turnover, foul and tech foul and airball a 3.  Hard to believe anyone could even mention him as a one and done. I know they have a veteran team and it will take time for him to gel with his team mates, but, man, I'm glad he transferred.

Same here never loved him or his motor in high school …thought he was very talented but not a difference maker …sometimes star ratings aren’t always perfect 

9 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Hate Izzo, but hate Kentucky more! Glad to see the Big10 win. Helps us in the long run.

They are both on the highest levels of basketball program hatred.  I probably have less respect for Izzo than I do Cal.  But yes.  Knocks the B1G up a few levels and UK down.  That's a good thing.   From what I saw, we can beat them both and Gonzaga.  Not sure why those odds makers left IU out of that top 8 chances.  Man if this team stays healthy.   

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

They are both on the highest levels of basketball program hatred.  I probably have less respect for Izzo than I do Cal.  But yes.  Knocks the B1G up a few levels and UK down.  That's a good thing.   From what I saw, we can beat them both and Gonzaga.  Not sure why those odds makers left IU out of that top 8 chances.  Man if this team stays healthy.   

College basketball is still a guards game, but after watching Sissoko, Tshiebwe and Timme take over in those games, I can’t help but wonder how well they’d do against our 3 rotating big men. If anything we have 3 guys who can draw fouls against opposing bigs. Kentucky lost that game because Tshiebwe fouled out. 

• Like 2