Bowl Games

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Big day in confidence pool. Need Penn St(hate picking them), Iowa, Ok St (if ND wins though it's ok), Ohio St....and Ole Miss/Baylor is a toss up but I went Ole Miss.

It's going to rain all day in Indy. Quick run to the gym and store and be back by 1 or 130 for literally a day of consumption. No matter how much glitter the CFP has taken away it's still NYD and these bowl games are awesome...especially the big boy at 5pm EST because to me it's still the biggest of them all. 

The CFP and NY'sD have become pay per view.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Big day in confidence pool. Need Penn St(hate picking them), Iowa, Ok St (if ND wins though it's ok), Ohio St....and Ole Miss/Baylor is a toss up but I went Ole Miss.

It's going to rain all day in Indy. Quick run to the gym and store and be back by 1 or 130 for literally a day of consumption. No matter how much glitter the CFP has taken away it's still NYD and these bowl games are awesome...especially the big boy at 5pm EST because to me it's still the biggest of them all. 

Yes sirrrrr. I have got some chicken going on the grill. Simple day for me today. 

Going to have some buddies over for the games tomorrow and do it big. Steaks, seafood, etc. 

Gimme the B1G today. Ole Miss, Go Pokes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Penn St kids gotta recognize the blitz. No hot route for Clifford there, Ark blitz and played man free. 

Penn State is forced to take a 50yd and missed. 

Going to be a tough one for PSU. Missing 5 starters on defense and Johad Dotson. 2-3 of their guys missing will be drafted in the 1st-2nd round. 

Agree on that 3rd down play. They were clearly bringing everyone, hpw do you not read that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Going to be a tough one for PSU. Missing 5 starters on defense and Johad Dotson. 2-3 of their guys missing will be drafted in the 1st-2nd round. 

Agree on that 3rd down play. They were clearly bringing everyone, hpw do you not read that?

Only takes one guy to have a blunder and the whole play goes to poop. 

For sure, PSU has some DUDES out, but.. they are also one of the most 12 talented teams in the country, if not top 8. Inexperience behind those guys, but definitely not lack of talent. I get it though.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Dotson is their receiver, right?  He impressed the heck out of me in our game with them.  They have been cranking out receivers in recent years.  

50 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Only takes one guy to have a blunder and the whole play goes to poop. 

For sure, PSU has some DUDES out, but.. they are also one of the most 12 talented teams in the country, if not top 8. Inexperience behind those guys, but definitely not lack of talent. I get it though.

Yep.  It's the beauty of football, though, the parts all working together.  One O lineman gets blown up, or there is a hold, or the back whiffs on a pass pro, and you probably blow your drive.  Even if the other four linemen are stellar, boom (nod to Madden, RIP), there goes your play.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

I enjoyed the interview with Mr Dean from UGA. Seems like an awesome dude. 

I think they said he has a 3.5 gpa in engineering.  There was so much noise around me, I am not positive though. He is going to be a good draft pick in the 1st for somebody.  The modern LB.

Edited by BobSaccamanno

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Trying to figure out why Georgia is opening 2.5 point favorite? Did I miss something where Bama didn't beat up Georgia just a few weeks ago?

Great question.  I think they'd be better served being the underdog.  

Saban may not be a delightful person (heard some horror stories), but respect the heck out of him as a coach.  I have seen Bama and Georgia both play enough to say that Georgia on paper is eons better than Bama. You see elite talent all over the field for Georgia.  Bama looks solid but you don't feel like they are a championship team.

The difference is Bama is insanely fundamentally sound and just do the right things all the time.  They are like the tennis player that waits for you to make an unforced error and it's so annoying.

I think Saban is in Kirby Smart's head, and the monkey is on his back.  Kirby is like a counterfeit Saban.  He is like the little brother who emulates the big brother.  Be yourself.

Having said all that, I think Georgia may finally put it to rest and win this game.   They have more high end talent, IMO.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Great question.  I think they'd be better served being the underdog.  

Saban may not be a delightful person (heard some horror stories), but respect the heck out of him as a coach.  I have seen Bama and Georgia both play enough to say that Georgia on paper is eons better than Bama. You see elite talent all over the field for Georgia.  Bama looks solid but you don't feel like they are a championship team.

The difference is Bama is insanely fundamentally sound and just do the right things all the time.  They are like the tennis player that waits for you to make an unforced error and it's so annoying.

I think Saban is in Kirby Smart's head, and the monkey is on his back.  Kirby is like a counterfeit Saban.  He is like the little brother who emulates the big brother.  Be yourself.

Having said all that, I think Georgia may finally put it to rest and win this game.   They have more high end talent, IMO.

Georgia does have tons of talent no doubt but I'm not in the eons category ahead of Bama. I'll go with the same thing I said before the SEC title game. Great teams/programs being an underdog doesn't usually serve well for the favorite.

Trust me I'd like for anyone besides Saban win but until Georgia gets over that hump...I'm still betting on Bama. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Georgia does have tons of talent no doubt but I'm not in the eons category ahead of Bama. I'll go with the same thing I said before the SEC title game. Great teams/programs being an underdog doesn't usually serve well for the favorite.

Trust me I'd like for anyone besides Saban win but until Georgia gets over that hump...I'm still betting on Bama. 

Can’t blame you one bit based on everything we’ve ever seen. And the Bama QB doesn’t look imposing coming off the bus but he is super efficient.  

• Like 1