Give me more Juwan Morgans

btownqb

25 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i know this is focusing on him as a person, etc., but i cannot believe how much his on the court improvement has surprised me!  he is very very good.

Yeah he is a legit 1st Team All-Conference candidate.  The problem is, we have only one other guy who could maybe make honorable mention and then one really solid role player and a bunch of inconsistent guys.  

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah he is a legit 1st Team All-Conference candidate.  The problem is, we have only one other guy who could maybe make honorable mention and then one really solid role player and a bunch of inconsistent guys.  

If he can find a way to consistently produce the rest of the way out he may sneak his way into 1st team but Bridges, Bates-Diop, Murphy and C Edwards are all but locks...some might argue so is Happ and I don't know how they could leave Carr out as well. Morgan is gonna have to average 20 and 10 from now on to steal the last spot on the first team

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

If he can find a way to consistently produce the rest of the way out he may sneak his way into 1st team but Bridges, Bates-Diop, Murphy and C Edwards are all but locks...some might argue so is Happ and I don't know how they could leave Carr out as well. Morgan is gonna have to average 20 and 10 from now on to steal the last spot on the first team

Why is Murphy a lock? He is a good rebounder but is nothing more than a volume scorer on a bad team.  Someone has to score on a bad team.  

27 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why is Murphy a lock? He is a good rebounder but is nothing more than a volume scorer on a bad team.  Someone has to score on a bad team.  

He's not a good rebounder he's the best rebounder in the conference and scores 18 a game (4th in conference) playing along side Nate Mason 16 pts/g (10th in the B1G) and Amir Coffey 14 pts/g (20th).

If he's a volume scorer on a bad team what's Morgan? A less volume scorer on a bad team? You'd be hard pressed to ever find a kid averaging 18 and 12 per game not make 1st team all conference. 

On 1/23/2018 at 4:30 PM, FW_Hoosier said:

Juwan is a great kid but... Perea, Hollowell, Patterson, Devin Davis, Vonleh, Robinson...

I always find it funny that one of the things that was held against Crean the most was his inability to get Indiana kids and yet as your list indicates, Indiana kids (or those with Indiana ties like Perea ) were  also considered to be the biggest troublemakers by many and getting them was also held against him. The truth of the matter is that Crean, like most coaches, was willing to give talented kids a chance so long as they didn't have too much baggage. In the cases above, except for Vonleh who shouldn't be on this list, it didn't work out. It should be noted though that the list of those who did work out, from Wade to Morgan, is far longer though. It should also be noted that none of these players had any hint of trouble before IU and that many of the very same people who hold those who didn't work out against Crean would have held it against him had he failed to pursue and land these very same players. To be clear, I'm not saying you are one of those, just commenting in general about the a segment of the fanbase. 

58 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

He's not a good rebounder he's the best rebounder in the conference and scores 18 a game (4th in conference) playing along side Nate Mason 16 pts/g (10th in the B1G) and Amir Coffey 14 pts/g (20th).

If he's a volume scorer on a bad team what's Morgan? A less volume scorer on a bad team? You'd be hard pressed to ever find a kid averaging 18 and 12 per game not make 1st team all conference. 

He averages 14 ppg in B1G play on 42% shooting. Juwan is scoring 18 ppg and shooting 62% in conference play. 

Also, do you not know what a volume scorer is? I'm guessing not if you would use the term in reference to Morgan. 

2 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Our team has a winning record in conference play with a win @Minny... that matters. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

He averages 14 ppg in B1G play on 42% shooting. Juwan is scoring 18 ppg and shooting 62% in conference play. 

Also, do you not know what a volume scorer is? I'm guessing not if you would use the term in reference to Morgan. 

The all-conference teams aren't selected on conference play alone and saying Murphy is a volume scorer and Morgan isn't doesn't make sense. Murphy average 12 shots a game to Morgan's 10. To say someone like Kevin Durant or Carmelo Anthony is a volume scorer would be accurate. A guy who shoots 12 shots a game isn't. I was just mocking your use of the terminology, not actually referring to Morgan as a volume scorer. If we're going to only consider conference statistics they average the exact same amount of shots per game.  

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Our team has a winning record in conference play with a win @Minny... that matters. 

It might matter some but it doesn't mean Morgan gets 1st team and Murphy doesn't. By that logic neither get 1st team and it would consist of Bridges, C Edwards, Bates-Diop, Jackson Jr (who's been crushing it in conference on a loaded roster)  and Happ or V Edwards or any number of guys from teams who will finish in the top 5 like Mathias, Wagner, Palmer Jr. or Ward. Guys who have to share the scoring load because they have more talented and successful teams. If something doesn't change in a big way for us we're not finishing the season with a winning record in conference either. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

It might matter some but it doesn't mean Morgan gets 1st team and Murphy doesn't. By that logic neither get 1st team and it would consist of Bridges, C Edwards, Bates-Diop, Jackson Jr (who's been crushing it in conference on a loaded roster)  and Happ or V Edwards or any number of guys from teams who will finish in the top 5 like Mathias, Wagner, Palmer Jr. or Ward. Guys who have to share the scoring load because they have more talented and successful teams. If something doesn't change in a big way for us we're not finishing the season with a winning record in conference either. 

All I said was it mattered.. didn't say it was the only criteria. 

Archived