Bob Knight coming back

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Bennett went 15-16 and 16-15 his first two years at UVA. We’re in good hands with Archie, we just need to give him time. 

Indeed. We've finally got a really good coach. We don't need to look elsewhere. 

Maybe Bennett's defense is better then Archie's, but Archie's offense is way better than Bennett's. 

38 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Indeed. We've finally got a really good coach. We don't need to look elsewhere. 

Maybe Bennett's defense is better then Archie's, but Archie's offense is way better than Bennett's. 

I hope that's true.  Bennett's teams run great offense, they just do it at a snail's pace.  

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

That old Fart ,Robert Montgomery Knight , needs to grow up and return to Indiana University !! He should know that he would be WELCOMED by the MAJORITY of Hoosier Fans and receive a lot of LOVE !! He's more STUBBORN than I am , dang it !!!

As long as this has drug out it might be a slim majority. It's definitely not what it once was.

Miller has given me every reason to feel no concern about whether the Knight faithful  ever get their wish or not.

I can't say I wouldn't still like that even if I've moved on from Knight and his ways. 

5 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

That old Fart ,Robert Montgomery Knight , needs to grow up and return to Indiana University !! He should know that he would be WELCOMED by the MAJORITY of Hoosier Fans and receive a lot of LOVE !! He's more STUBBORN than I am , dang it !!!

Meh...

1 hour ago, jblaz13 said:

As long as this has drug out it might be a slim majority. It's definitely not what it once was.

Miller has given me every reason to feel no concern about whether the Knight faithful  ever get their wish or not.

I can't say I wouldn't still like that even if I've moved on from Knight and his ways. 

Agreed.  IMHO.... fan base has shifted.  Started with Knight's  refusal to attend his induction into the Indiana University Hall of Fame, with a lame excuse..... and has continued from his returning of the check IU sent him to cover his lawyer fees.... onto his refusal to attend numerous events, and even requests from former players that he return for their induction into IU's Hall of Fame.   How many times, is the IU fanbase willing to get snubbed by Bobby Knight, in order for others in the fanbase to understand what has been going on ?  Even Knight's own son reached out to Bobby to reconcile his differences with IU.... to no avail. 

All the while he has attended events at Ohio State.  And a fish fry at Purdue.  And continues to ply Bloomington for money for appearances.  Disgusting. Just disgusting. 

Oh let's not forget Knight's death wish on IU administrators..... past and present.  Beyond disgusting. 

5 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I have given up on him ever returning..and that's ok he is set in his ways,fine..but I also think with him coming back to Indiana doing the speaking events is his way of staying connected to fans that appreciate his time here,if you didn't like his time here then you don't have to go,simple as that...I will forever be grateful for his time here and the chance growing up to watch Indiana basketball be played at a high level,it was the hottest ticket in town!

28 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Agreed.  IMHO.... fan base has shifted.  Started with Knight's  refusal to attend his induction into the Indiana University Hall of Fame, with a lame excuse..... and has continued from his returning of the check IU sent him to cover his lawyer fees.... onto his refusal to attend numerous events, and even requests from former players that he return for their induction into IU's Hall of Fame.   How many times, is the IU fanbase willing to get snubbed by Bobby Knight, in order for others in the fanbase to understand what has been going on ?  Even Knight's own son reached out to Bobby to reconcile his differences with IU.... to no avail. 

All the while he has attended events at Ohio State.  And a fish fry at Purdue.  And continues to ply Bloomington for money for appearances.  Disgusting. Just disgusting. 

Oh let's not forget Knight's death wish on IU administrators..... past and present.  Beyond disgusting. 

This is very well unpacked. I couldn't have worded it better without crossing the line.

2 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

This is very well unpacked. I couldn't have worded it better without crossing the line.

Thankyou.  And this was coming from an IU fan who defended Knight to the end, while living in Colorado.... with fellow employees who constantly attacked him.  But... I think that is how the worm has turned.... so to speak... in terms of how some fans of Knight.... have turned on him..... not because of what he once did.... but what he has done.... since leaving IU.  There have been many other coaches that have been fired, that have returned to their schools.  Just look at Illinois as an example.  Heck... it's part of the game.  But not for Knight.  Apparently. 

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thankyou.  And this was coming from an IU fan who defended Knight to the end, while living in Colorado.... with fellow employees who constantly attacked him.  But... I think that is how the worm has turned.... so to speak... in terms of how some fans of Knight.... have turned on him..... not because of what he once did.... but what he has done.... since leaving IU.  There have been many other coaches that have been fired, that have returned to their schools.  Just look at Illinois as an example.  Heck... it's part of the game.  But not for Knight.  Apparently. 

I can feel your pain there, Mile. It was such a slow sad burn to reach this point.

Now the days of even getting our hopes up are pretty far in the rearview. 

As notable in-state rifts go, even Rick Mount went back to Purdue. Knight really lost me when he went there, though. Personal breaking point was right then.

RMK doesn't have the 200 years it would probably take for him to even give it a 2nd thought. Fond memories from long ago, and apathy right now are the only common ground left with many of us and Knight. When he praises the fans at IU the rest of what he's done flies right in the face of it.

Archived