Transfer Portal 2022

27 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Fan bases always overvalue their team. If we don't get start now Big ten caliber players then no preseason ranking will have us better than fifth in conference.  And no one outside of this board or other home or IU fans would have us any higher either.  

Well this actually isn't true, as of now which is way to early the few pre-season polls I have seen so far has the Hoosiers third behind Michigan and the Illini, and Top 25 in them. All three teams at the top are there predicated on if Trayce, Kofi and Hunter come back. These will all change of course but it does give an idea off where these teams might be.

Arkansas Razorbacks are No. 1 in Way-Too-Early Top 25 college basketball rankings for 2022-23 (espn.com)

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And they don't know that we've decoded their messages over on G&B Illustrated...

Big talk over there was the cross DNA experiment with Ivey and Edey, code named "Evey."

They grew it in a Petri dish, but the first version came out as a 4'9 Evan Boudreaux...

Very clever!!!! I like....

I guess I am in the minority but I feel we need to find an upgrade over Galloway.  I just don't see that he brings that much to the team except for hustle.  He turns the ball over a lot and he is no threat to shoot outside.  He gets most of his stats against non conference teams that doesn't know how to defend him.  I don't see anyone set on stone to start the 2 and 3 position and if we can find a an upgrade who can start that would be great.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I am in the minority but I feel we need to find an upgrade over Galloway.  I just don't see that he brings that much to the team except for hustle.  He turns the ball over a lot and he is no threat to shoot outside.  He gets most of his stats against non conference teams that doesn't know how to defend him.  I don't see anyone set on stone to start the 2 and 3 position and if we can find a an upgrade who can start that would be great.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Then our cap is 5th in conference and I'm sick and tired of losing.  

Why would losing Parker Stewart and Rob and adding one really good freshman and one player that's worse than Rob and Parker mean that we're going to be way better next year?  We're not.  

Correct. The IU women's team just added two starters from MN and Providence and a former IN Miss BBall from OR. They aren't solely counting on existing players developing or their freshman recruits. Those players certainly are looking to come here and start regardless of who is currently on the roster.

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If TG can improve his shooting % I think he's an ideal 6th man. Brings energy off the bench.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why is TG starting? 

I thought we wanted winners and Indiana kids? 

His avgs were better to immensely better vs conference opponents. He only played in two non conf games all year, outside of the NCAAT. Your memory struggles. Turns it over a lot? 1.5TOs in 25mpg in the conference isn't "a lot".. it's basically average or below average. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Why is TG starting? 

His avgs were better to immensely better vs conference opponents. He only played in two non conf games all year, outside of the NCAAT. Your memory struggles. Turns it over a lot? 1.5TOs in 25mpg in the conference isn't "a lot".. it's basically average or below average. 

Just not a huge fan of his game.  If he can improve his 3 point shooting to 35 percent it would be different

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just not a huge fan of his game.  If he can improve his 3 point shooting to 35 percent it would be different

You don't like someone that passes well, defends well, rebounds well, and is in general... incredibly selfless? 

👍

"most of his stats come against non conference opp that don't know how to defend him"... that is a COMPLETE lie. Flat out 100%. And the stats aren't what make Galloway important. Smh. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why is TG starting? 

A lot of people focus on the Northwestern game where he struggled (5 TOs) but I think fatigue played a big role there. As a matter of fact, I think Trey plays so hard that the longer he plays, the more he has turnover/foul issues...but so do a lot of players...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You're way off on this one.  No, he's not the MVP, but IU absolutely wants him on the team.  You can't look at most traditional stats on this guy.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You don't like someone that passes well, defends well, rebounds well, and is in general... incredible selfless? 

👍

"most of his stats come against non conference opp that don't know how to defend him"... that is a COMPLETE lie. Flat out 100%. And the stats aren't what make Galloway important. Smh. 

Never said you have to agree with my take and it is just my opinion.  My thinking is if you go the transfer route go for an upgrade instead of just bringing in same caliber of player.

• Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

A lot of people focus on the Northwestern game where he struggled (5 TOs) but I think fatigue played a big role there. As a matter of fact, I think Trey plays so hard that the longer he plays, the more he has turnover/foul issues...but so do a lot of players...

You're 100% correct. That is why the staff was playing him 8-10 mins at a time, per half. Let him just run rampant during that time. He also gets to the line more so then some of our other dudes. His conditioning never got to 100%, I thought that was evident. 

5 TOs in a game that he handled the ball 80% of each offensive possessions he was in, plus played 40mins.... is actually not bad, at all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

You're way off on this one.  No, he's not the MVP, but IU absolutely wants him on the team.  You can't look at most traditional stats on this guy.

Didn't say I didn't want him on our team but I don't think he should be a starter or one of the top 8 players

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Never said you have to agree with my take and it is just my opinion.  My thinking is if you go the transfer route go for an upgrade instead of just bringing in same caliber of player.

Ok, but you can't just post a flat out lie and try and call it fact. He played in TWO non conference games this year. The 3rd one he broke his wrist. 

My thinking is.. it's much easier to upgrade what you already have, then try and scout someone else, see if they MIGHT fit, then make sure that they DO fit. 

Edited by btownqb

49 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't tell me you got Covid again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Which has nothing to do with JHS. There is not precedent for a kid ranked as highly as he is and showing up and not playing big mins his first season.  

What is our record with TG healthy? What's our record if we don't have suspended dudes vs. NW? Why would TG, Bates, and MK be the same players from last year? Every single team in the offseason expects their players to grow. When will Indiana's players start? Last off season showed huge growth in-- XJ, TJD, and RT. I believe in JG, as well, but not as much. 

Maybe 7th with a fully healthy team and the one NW game.  Still not good enough, neither is a 5th place.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Who cares? Fan are stupid and so is the media. Kentucky is literally pre season ranked top 10 every year and if most teams played them in NOV... they would beat them. 

People ranking s*** they don't know anything about is the reason KL was ranked top 20 in his class. 

They seem to peg   Indiana 7th or worse every year for what 5 straight and we are All up in arms and the team goes out and proves them wrong by being worse.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

Well this actually isn't true, as of now which is way to early the few pre-season polls I have seen so far has the Hoosiers third behind Michigan and the Illini, and Top 25 in them. All three teams at the top are there predicated on if Trayce, Kofi and Hunter come back. These will all change of course but it does give an idea off where these teams might be.

Arkansas Razorbacks are No. 1 in Way-Too-Early Top 25 college basketball rankings for 2022-23 (espn.com)

I'll wait till rosters are set.  This means little to nothing