Transfer Portal 2022

14 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

This season he was 35-118 (29%) from 3. He ‘can’ hit them, but about as consistently as Race does. 

So he's 6'5 like Parker Stewart, a better defender, but not (at least statistic wise) as good of a shooter...

We're good defensively, I think. We need guys who can put it in the basket. 

Defense kept us in and won us some games...

And our offense kept us from winning some we should have won...

I'm hoping we're going after better shooters first...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

How could it not have been? There are no coincidences. I listened to Mr. Dutton. 

I think it all depends on how it originated. What if Reese reached out to Broc Thompson, Tyrone Tracy, and any of the other guys he’s close with to see about playing at Purdue? Then those guys asked Purdue coaches if a spot was open before they reached back out to him to tell him? Versus straight up our coaches calling Reese and saying hey come play here. A lot of gray areas for sure. 

25 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think it all depends on how it originated. What if Reese reached out to Broc Thompson, Tyrone Tracy, and any of the other guys he’s close with to see about playing at Purdue? Then those guys asked Purdue coaches if a spot was open before they reached back out to him to tell him? Versus straight up our coaches calling Reese and saying hey come play here. A lot of gray areas for sure. 

Purdue cheated 

The end 

😁

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Bryce Hopkins of Kentucky, 6'7 SF enters the portal. Coming off his freshman year. Was a 4 star coming out of high school

He can play. Most of the UK fans I know wished he would have played more. Had some nice spurts of production, then didn't see the floor again. Similar to what was said about Johnny Juzang.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

He can play. Most of the UK fans I know wished he would have played more. Had some nice spurts of production, then didn't see the floor again. Similar to what was said about Johnny Juzang.

One could say that Cal doesn't recognize talent even when he has it.  But then again only 5 guys can play at one time.

Edited by rico
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I watched them a couple of times this year, but really didn't notice him. 

But, he's young, has talent, and needs a roadmap to the league...

And he fits Coach Woodson's profile...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I watched their game against LSU. Had to ask my wife that is a UK fan who the heck he was.  Think he had 13-14 points. Didn't see much of him afterward. Wasn't sure if he was injured.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Just a general comment/thought here.  It's going to be interesting to watch how NIL and the Portal and recruiting and as you said, "a roadmap to the league" all change/evolve going forward.  Because while it's early, so far NIL hasn't had a visible impact or created a reason to stay at a particular school.  But I know that it's all new and likely we aren't going to know all the $$$ figures immediately.  But it does seem as though one and two year players still want to leave for greener pastures/NBA.  Everything is still shaking out is a better way of saying what I mean, I guess.   😊

4 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I watched their game against LSU. Had to ask my wife that is a UK fan who the heck he was.  Think he had 13-14 points. Didn't see much of him afterward. Wasn't sure if he was injured.  

Wife a UK fan?  I'm so sorry.  You need to record the words 'UK Sucks', get it on continuous loop, and place it next to her ear while she sleeps.  In a couple of months she'll be cured.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Just a general comment/thought here.  It's going to be interesting to watch how NIL and the Portal and recruiting and as you said, "a roadmap to the league" all change/evolve going forward.  Because while it's early, so far NIL hasn't had a visible impact or created a reason to stay at a particular school.  But I know that it's all new and likely we aren't going to know all the $$$ figures immediately.  But it does seem as though one and two year players still want to leave for greener pastures/NBA.  Everything is still shaking out is a better way of saying what I mean, I guess.   😊

Whoa!  Just saw the post regarding reported NIL deals for Trayce and Race in another thread.  Looks like it's beginning to happen, at least for IU.  😊

• Like 3

15 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Kentucky fans on suicide watch.

Don’t blame them.  Arkansas going into ridiculous mode.  I wonder if Walmart is going berserk with NIL.   Underrated fact.   That part of Arkansas has money.  Yes, it’s one of the poorer states, but not in that corner.  The campus is not far from Walmart headquarters.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Don’t blame them.  Arkansas going into ridiculous mode.  I wonder if Walmart is going berserk with NIL.   Underrated fact.   That part of Arkansas has money.  Yes, it’s one of the poorer states, but not in that corner.  The campus is not far from Walmart headquarters.  

And Tennessee is having their way, as well. Tennessee, Auburn, and Arkansas are in a better "spot" currently then the Kitty Kats. imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

• Haha 2