2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

I am not @IU Scottso I know that recruiting will never revert to the good old days 😁, but it sure feels like the focus is less on the players and more on the Trillys and crystal ballers of the world.

Would love to see a recruit eliminate any social media exposure and just have his day in the sun when he makes his announcement 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I am not @IU Scottso I know that recruiting will never revert to the good old days 😁, but it sure feels like the focus is less on the players and more on the Trillys and crystal ballers of the world.

Would love to see a recruit eliminate any social media exposure and just have his day in the sun when he makes his announcement 

that is a bit of a curmudgeon take.

social media drives everything in todays world. These players benefit off of it just as much as the Trillys

If there wasnt a monster to be fed, there would be no need to feed it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

Is this a good sign?

Not to me. It means he hasn't given Woody a firm commitment yet. (And maybe Self as well)

If he hasn't made up his mind, and yet announced his decision announcement date, that's surprising.

I don't have good feelings about it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

Not to me. It means he hasn't given Woody a firm commitment yet. (And maybe Self as well)

If he hasn't made up his mind, and yet announced his decision announcement date, that's surprising.

I don't have good feelings about it.

I think this has a lot more to do with pitching Queen the idea of coming to IU to play with soon to be committed Liam McNeeley than it is selling McNeeley on coming to IU. 

There's been little movement on Kansas' side that suggests they are a real contender. Them likely landing Passmore later today all but furthers that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If Passamore commits to KU make you feel better 

I don't feel bad. His indecision (at least it appears as it's indecision) is what it is. Do I hope he commits to us? Sure. But I'm not thinking at this point it's a "lock" like many on here do.

I know it's the off season and all of us are looking forward to the start of the season, and speculating on recruiting is a great way to ramp up the emotions for IU BBall. I just think that maybe, just maybe, there is a little too much Cat & Mouse game going on with these recruits. (interpret that however you want)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DWB said:

I don't feel bad. His indecision (at least it appears as it's indecision) is what it is. Do I hope he commits to us? Sure. But I'm not thinking at this point it's a "lock" like many on here do.

I know it's the off season and all of us are looking forward to the start of the season, and speculating on recruiting is a great way to ramp up the emotions for IU BBall. I just think that maybe, just maybe, there is a little too much Cat & Mouse game going on with these recruits. (interpret that however you want)

For a lot of us fans, B'Ball is all we have, especially since a lot of our favorite baseball teams didn't make the post season.... (except NaturalHoosier)

1 hour ago, DWB said:

What make him appear indecisive? 

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I’d say since he has a date to announce he’s decided.🤷🏼‍♂️ 

That would be logical. To me, with Woody flying out to see him (and probably others) yet again, "appears" to be indecisive. Woody wouldn't make the trip if it was a done deal.

Now...if the trip was to court Queen some more, then fine. I'm wrong. But since real facts (vs speculation) aren't publicly available, then it is possible that McNeely hasn't locked in his pick, and has opened the door to hear last offers. Hopefully that is not the case. We'll see.

(It'll be interesting when the dust settles, WHEN he made his decision)

Edited by DWB