Holiday Decorating/Celebrating

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lets say... if it were up to me, my only decorations would be my IU and American flags that hang in my garage. hahaha!! 

I totally get it. It’s a big commitment to do a lot of decor. I’ve spent 2 full days on mine and just have the roof and Christmas tree done, with a lot more to go lol. 

I’m off today and tomorrow, so I’m hoping to get everything done except for inflatables and similar decor. Will put that out the weekend before Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I totally get it. It’s a big commitment to do a lot of decor. I’ve spent 2 full days on mine and just have the roof and Christmas tree done, with a lot more to go lol. 

I’m off today and tomorrow, so I’m hoping to get everything done except for inflatables and similar decor. Will put that out the weekend before Thanksgiving. 

Heck yeah man. Get it done. 

3 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Am loving following your progress on this, Clark. Seriously though. Love the holidays and all of the lights. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

This neighborhood is pretty far south of ours, but they do it UP for Christmas. We only went to see the houses one time when we first moved here, but it was intense and overwhelming. 

https://www.bkmag.com/2021/12/13/photos-of-the-wildest-2021-dyker-heights-christmas-lights/

20C70938-A250-4019-AF16-6F77CD80EFE9.jpeg

Where would they store all this stuff?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

This neighborhood is pretty far south of ours, but they do it UP for Christmas. We only went to see the houses one time when we first moved here, but it was intense and overwhelming. 

https://www.bkmag.com/2021/12/13/photos-of-the-wildest-2021-dyker-heights-christmas-lights/

20C70938-A250-4019-AF16-6F77CD80EFE9.jpeg

Holy cow that’s a lot. That’s actually a little too much for even me, lol!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Where would they store all this stuff?

This neighborhood is mostly larger houses like you would typically see elsewhere, so they have garages, etc. It’s a really different area of Brooklyn than where I live. 

5 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Holy cow that’s a lot. That’s actually a little too much for even me, lol!

It’s WAY too much! We only went once b/c of the insane crowds. I think it’s one of those things you only need to see once, but every house is crazier than the rest. I always wonder about the electric bills. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

This neighborhood is mostly larger houses like you would typically see elsewhere, so they have garages, etc. It’s a really different area of Brooklyn than where I live. 

It’s WAY too much! We only went once b/c of the insane crowds. I think it’s one of those things you only need to see once, but every house is crazier than the rest. I always wonder about the electric bills. 

It definitely increases ours, but it’s not a crazy amount. However, I put up a lot more so I will be interested in seeing what happens lol. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

@NaturalhoosierWhere are your decorations? I know you are a big Christmas decorator!

Dude. My wife hasn’t fully taken down all of the Halloween decor. And with the Halloween being rainy this year she only did 75%. 

i like the arches BTW.  I tested 2 of those last year and they worked well.  I’m going to build a few more this year.  I have a tough time with Xmas decor because my yard is sloped.

Here’s a walk around this year.

https://youtu.be/iSAUbf2EM1A

541A7441-220F-4240-983A-57A2AC5F7E3A.jpeg

Edited by Naturalhoosier
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Dude. My wife hasn’t fully taken down all of the Halloween decor. And with the Halloween being rainy this year she only did 75%. 

i like the arches BTW.  I tested 2 of those last year and they worked well.  I’m going to build a few more this year.  I have a tough time with Xmas decor because my yard is sloped.

Tell the Mrs. she needs to get to work on getting it down! Lol. She kills it every year. 

Wifey was telling me the other day (talking about yours and ours decor), and she mentioned we all need to meet up again. Biggest difference is that we have kiddos now lol. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

This is amazing! 

• Like 1