5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

7 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

Flights do get cancelled from time to time - no?  Not saying he WON'T end up going, just that it's feasible that plans changed after the flight plans were filed.  Seems that watching the flight from Lexington to Westchester today MIGHT give us a clue.

Sure they do... but you'd think the meeting had been arranged beforehand...travel on private jets isn't cheap... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sure they do... but you'd think the meeting had been arranged beforehand...travel on private jets isn't cheap... 

Good point and we'll know soon enough I suppose.  I'm not pitching an outcome either way because I don't know - just hoping like all of us that at the end of the day (not literally) that Boogie is a Hoosier.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

just hoping like all of us that at the end of the day (not literally) that Boogie is a Hoosier

Maybe by the end of the day tomorrow 😉

I trust @DC2345's info a lot... but it just makes sense that if he's going to see McNeeley and Queen one day, and the aircraft that took him down there files a flight plan for tomorrow to HPN, that it's to show Boogie some love... or receive happy news 🙂

46 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe by the end of the day tomorrow 😉

I trust @DC2345's info a lot... but it just makes sense that if he's going to see McNeeley and Queen one day, and the aircraft that took him down there files a flight plan for tomorrow to HPN, that it's to show Boogie some love... or receive happy news 🙂

user generated

11 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

Doesn't necessarily mean this is Cal OR that he's going to see Boogie.  But if he is, I sure as H hope that Woody has an equal chance at this late date.

Well, looks like Cal is busy today and not on that flight after all. This is all public domain stuff and I saw it on Peegs site.

https://x.com/ESPNPR/status/1712154251332637146?s=20

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Yeah I do not believe that the flight from Lexington was Boogie related. It looks like Cal is a little busy today with their Pro Day. Hopefully this gets wrapped up soon.

I find it interesting that ESPN covers UK but wouldn’t cover IU or others. It only annoys me because stuff like that is what can give UK edges in recruiting.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I find it interesting that ESPN covers UK but wouldn’t cover IU or others. It only annoys me because stuff like that is what can give UK edges in recruiting.

We need Fox Sports to do the same for IU/B1G.  ESPN is just promoting their product UK/SEC. Sad fact of the current sports world we live in.

• Like 6