5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

And, i might add, we were just super stoked yesterday when he said he was announcing on Friday, right after Liam announced.  I'm not going to get sidetracked by a few dopes on the radio.  Those of us who have been following this for months are more informed than these talking heads by a wide margin.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The timing... 

Big Blue Madness was last weekend...

Hoosier Hysteria is the same day as the announcement...

If you were Boogie, and you had ANY modicum of respect for Mike Woodson, would you announce UK before our big day? That'd be kind of a kick in the marbles, wouldn't it? 

In Woody I trust... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Andy Sweeney is well connected in the KY market since that is where he came from.  I am sure he knows who he can trust when looking for this info.  I guess we will find out on Friday.  Timing of announcement would seem to favor IU unless the choice is UK and announcing on the day of Hoosier Hysteria is the ultimate middle finger to the IU program & fans 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by CTrojan88

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The timing... 

If you were Boogie, and you had ANY modicum of respect for Mike Woodson, would you announce UK before our big day? That'd be kind of a kick in the marbles, wouldn't it? 

In Woody I trust... 

I can’t see any recruit disrespecting coach Woodson! IU fans maybe but not coach when everyone says he is completely honest!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The timing... 

In Woody I trust... 

I agree. This whole process seems to show Fland likes and respects Woodson, so it doesn’t seem as though he’d announce UK with this timing. Obviously we don’t know. It’s possible he picked that day for other reasons and it just happened to fall on Hoosier Hysteria. It’s possible he didn’t even know that it was Hoosier Hysteria. But I think both of those points are highly unlikely.

IF he does announce UK on this day then yes that’s a little sketchy. Waiting even one day would be much more respectful IMO.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The tone has certainly shifted on peegs fwiw. 

It is funny on 107.5 the other host is Kevin Bowen and he is saying Peegsters are texting Sweeney that his has no clue what he is talking about. I sometimes think Bowen thinks every IU fan is on Peegs and don't realize there are other message boards.

7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Didn’t someone just yesterday post that Big Blue had moved on?

A sample:

Fland is too close to call. Bama is out of it. Seems like people are hearing IU and others hearing UK.
It’s IU, I haven’t seen any UK buzz at all.

•  

Yeah zero buzz for anyone except IU . UK will get their guys . Rarely worry about recruiting .

2 heavily involved in recruiting are hearing good things about UK.
Trilly and Andrew slater are the two I trust the most now, and one has already hinted at IU, but a lot can change between now and Friday I guess we will see

• image.gif.3a0e83ba0fb5f124ab86846baca83274.gif

G

gracetoyou

All-American
 Gold Member
Trilly and Andrew slater are the two I trust the most now, and one has already hinted at IU, but a lot can change between now and Friday I guess we will see

Yea, those guys are saying IU then it's done.

One of the two I referred to that was hearing good things about UK, said it's possible it's a smoke screen.

image.gif

• Thanks 1