5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Also peegs hasn't really shifted that much and the UK sites aren't really saying anything new. The Rivals guy is all over the place with his comments. 

Has anyone heard who will be carrying the announcement? Liam had his event on ESPN, others have done it on CBS's streaming network, 247, what have you. I haven't been able to find a location yet for Boogie.

One reason for asking, in addition to wanting to know for obvious reasons, is this: why should a Rivals guy have a definitive answer one way or the answer on where Boogie is going? "Rivals" is a name that people know, so saying that's your source would have cache. But what connection does Boogie have to Rivals? 

If Rivals is where his announcement is being made, that would be an explanation. I'll always remember Darius Garland getting preempted by ESPN, who hit publish on an interview hours before his scheduled announcement. Maybe Boogie gave an interview to Rivals. But then why would all three Futurecast picks on the site still be to Indiana, including from a guy with the title "Head Basketball Analyst"?

Rumor is his announcement video has already been made. Whoever produced that would certainly know Boogie's destination. Unnamed sources at Rivals? Guessing like the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Has anyone heard who will be carrying the announcement? Liam had his event on ESPN, others have done it on CBS's streaming network, 247, what have you. I haven't been able to find a location yet for Boogie.

One reason for asking, in addition to wanting to know for obvious reasons, is this: why should a Rivals guy have a definitive answer one way or the answer on where Boogie is going? "Rivals" is a name that people know, so saying that's your source would have cache. But what connection does Boogie have to Rivals? 

If Rivals is where his announcement is being made, that would be an explanation. I'll always remember Darius Garland getting preempted by ESPN, who hit publish on an interview hours before his scheduled announcement. Maybe Boogie gave an interview to Rivals. But then why would all three Futurecast picks on the site still be to Indiana, including from a guy with the title "Head Basketball Analyst"?

Rumor is his announcement video has already been made. Whoever produced that would certainly know Boogie's destination. Unnamed sources at Rivals? Guessing like the rest of us.

Guessing it's Joe Tipton at On3 who initially revealed his commitment date. 

7 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Guessing it's Joe Tipton at On3 who initially revealed his commitment date. 

If Joe's your source, I'm listening. He built his name designing graphis as Tipton Edits, a niche that by necessity meant he had to know the choice before it could be announced. Claiming to know because you have a mole at Rivals, like the radio guy (allegedly) did, isn't a statement that stands up to scrutiny.

Guys like Joe Tipton also know that if they start sharing secrets, it destroys the trust that's critical to what they do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

The On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine says he'll end up at.... Michigan.

lmao, that thing is so broken. It has UM at 19.9%, IU 17.4%, UK 14.9%, and UNC (lol) 12.4%.

Rivals future cast has IU 100%, no 247 CB.

https://www.on3.com/db/boogie-fland-64138/

Damn. Juwan's going to slap us down like we were on the Wisconsin coaching staff...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

If Joe's your source, I'm listening. He built his name designing graphis as Tipton Edits, a niche that by necessity meant he had to know the choice before it could be announced. Claiming to know because you have a mole at Rivals, like the radio guy (allegedly) did, isn't a statement that stands up to scrutiny.

Guys like Joe Tipton also know that if they start sharing secrets, it destroys the trust that's critical to what they do.

I'm just saying that I believe Joe Tipton will be the one behind Boogie's announcement video, he's the one that released the graphic entailing his commitment date. No clue if he tips off guys like Slater or Cassidy or whomever in the industry. But I wouldn't think he's that dumb. He's got a good gig going for him. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

I'm just saying that I believe Joe Tipton will be the one behind Boogie's announcement video, he's the one that released the graphic entailing his commitment date. No clue if he tips off guys like Slater or Cassidy or whomever in the industry. But I wouldn't think he's that dumb. He's got a good gig going for him. 

I think Tipton is closer to Slater who is great friends with Rabjohns. Those guys are usually tight lipped. Makes you wonder if Trilly is Tipton. 🤣 who TF is that guy? 

9 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Help me understand what this guy does. He makes fancy graphics when a guy commits? Does someone pay him for that? Do the players pay for those? If I'm Boogie, assuming I don't want to pay him, why would I tell him in advance where I'm going?

Just now, Victobmyboy said:

I think Tipton is closer to Slater who is great friends with Rabjohns. Those guys are usually tight lipped. Makes you wonder if Trilly is Tipton. 🤣 who TF is that guy? 

I don't know how much basketball background Tipton actually has. He's a talented and savvy tech guy with a great business model who parlayed that into a gig with On3.

Whoever runs the Trilly account, and I'm not convinced it isn't a collection of people, seems to be somebody with an actual basketball background. 

Just now, HoosierDom said:

Help me understand what this guy does. He makes fancy graphics when a guy commits? Does someone pay him for that? Do the players pay for those? If I'm Boogie, assuming I don't want to pay him, why would I tell him in advance where I'm going?

He was a freelancer and that would create a template and graphics for recruits to use to announce certain events. Obviously On3 saw that as a moneymaking opportunity and brought him on board for his exclusivity.