5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

"Hey Coach Woodson, this is Boogie. Not to rain on any parades, but I just called to tell you that about 5 hours before you kick off Hoosier Hysteria , I'm going to announce my commitment to your hated rival, UK... Oh

kick-balls-in-the-balls.gif.72dc11e437e34c63673f59d7c55043ce.gif

and take that with ya"

No way... 

I'm not buying that logic. It's a glorified pep-rally, it's not some IU holy day. If he's picking Kentucky, he probably forgot it's even happening.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Man I hope it’s just smoke for the announcement, but at this point, none of us know. The Trilly connection is somewhat worrisome. That being said, recruiting is fluid… all the way down to the announcement itself. I don’t feel strongly one way or another. However, I do feel like we’re in good shape and that if we aren’t doing the “Boogie” on Friday, Woody will be in the kitchen cooking up something this spring. 

• Like 1

Nothing is a done deal and both sides are confident. You really think someone from Boogies camp would be leaking something like he’s UK bound to some contributor on Trilly’s website but not Trilly himself. Come on. He could end up at UK but nobody has been informed of anything.

Also, until Cuban unfollows Boogie or Vice versa, I still think we have a chance! Cuban and Mgbako followed each other the night before his announcement. Liam and Cuban started following each other the week before his announcement. Fino and Cuban started following each other the night before his announcement. Now Boogie and Cuban start following each other the morning he announces his commitment date. Seems to be a pretty good track record here.  

IMG_0361.jpeg

While I certainly don’t feel strongly about anything at this point, I’d love nothing more than for Woody to beat Cal at his own game. Not only would this make Indiana even more attractive to the EYBL kids, but it would stir the old echoes of blue blood prominence. Especially if the Hoosiers can have sustained success.

• Like 2