USC and UCLA to the Big Ten ?

I think it will happen, and I think it's a good thing for the Big 10.

You're bringing in the 2nd biggest TV market (LA) in the US... Both are blue bloods in different sports. UCLA is 2nd and USC 3rd in overall NCAA championships. What's not to like?

Travel costs are miniscule to the money that'll be brought in... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think it will happen, and I think it's a good thing for the Big 10.

You're bringing in the 2nd biggest TV market (LA) in the US... Both are blue bloods in different sports. UCLA is 2nd and USC 3rd in overall NCAA championships. What's not to like?

Travel costs are miniscule to the money that'll be brought in... 

You are only thinking about two sports men's football and basketball.  To me your conference is supposed to be regionally and the last few expanses has killed conferences.

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

You are only thinking about two sports men's football and basketball.  To me your conference is supposed to be regionally and the last few expanses has killed conferences.

If it was up to you, they'd still be jumping center after every basket 😁 

Not looking at just "2 sports." UCLA has won National Championships in 20 different sports. USC in 17. The Big 10 network will explode out in LA... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If it was up to you, they'd still be jumping center after every basket 😁 

Not looking at just "2 sports." UCLA has won National Championships in 20 different sports. USC in 17. The Big 10 network will explode out in LA... 

I don't care how much those sports won,  I am talking about just losing the luster off of what it means to be in a conference.  I am talking about how are the other sports going to travel to LA.  Might as well just get rid of conferences and have everyone as independents and just put the final nail in what college athletics is supposed to be about.

PS, no I don't think there should be a jump ball after every basket.

Edited by IU Scott

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

in what college athletics is supposed to be about.

In which you view with your heart... Other view it from their pocketbook...if they don't come into the Big 10, the SEC would eventually be prowling around... And then what? 

This is the 21st century Scott... Air travel is pretty easy. Put the IU-UCLA women's volleyball game on BTN and it'll more than cover the cost of travel. 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3