2024 G Jaeden Mustaf Commits to Georgia Tech

IUFLA

• 4 weeks later...

Thought this would have been posted by now:

Top 40 guard Jaeden Mustaf has an official visit to IU today thru Saturday.

6'5" guard who was impressed with JHS's freshman year that led to the NBA.

Nice article with videos from our friend TheDailyHoosier:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2024-combo-guard-jaeden-mustaf-official-visit-primer/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

Thought this would have been posted by now:

Top 40 guard Jaeden Mustaf has an official visit to IU today thru Saturday.

6'5" guard who was impressed with JHS's freshman year that led to the NBA.

Nice article with videos from our friend TheDailyHoosier:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2024-combo-guard-jaeden-mustaf-official-visit-primer/

No offense to all these kids but they all aren’t going to have a JHS type one and done career even if they come to IU. Everyone could see how special Jalen was in HS…he was a very mature player, had really mastered a lot of winning basketball type skills. Very coachable, very polished for a freshman, criminally under evaluated (even as a 5*) because he wasn’t a super athlete nor an elite 3pt shooter. But man he was excellent at using the skill set he had and it was one that translates well to winning basketball. All these kids may want to be then next JHS but most are no where near his level coming in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No offense to all these kids but they all aren’t going to have a JHS type one and done career even if they come to IU. Everyone could see how special Jalen was in HS…he was a very mature player, had really mastered a lot of winning basketball type skills. Very coachable, very polished for a freshman, criminally under evaluated (even as a 5*) because he wasn’t a super athlete nor an elite 3pt shooter. But man he was excellent at using the skill set he had and it was one that translates well to winning basketball. All these kids may want to be then next JHS but most are no where near his level coming in.

True. But as a recruit, it still helps seeing how well Coach Woodson and staff coached him up, mentored him etc.

It's the belief and proof in what a coach can do with elite talent. Even if said player is not JHS (few are).

• Like 4

You know, whoever does the welcoming video and subsequent photo shoot does an outstanding job of putting out stuff that connects with today's kids...Music is spot on, and mixing our culture with highlights of the kid playing is genius...Kudos to them...

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I seen them out last night. 4 coaches along. I don't think its a "conditional offer", whatever that is.

By conditional offer, I meant an offer that IU would not take right now ahead of other 2024's deciding.  I have zero knowledge...just a feeling.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

By conditional offer, I meant an offer that IU would not take right now ahead of other 2024's deciding.  I have zero knowledge...just a feeling.

IU would 1000% take him if he wanted to commit right now. You don’t give conditional offers to top 30 players. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

IU would 1000% take him if he wanted to commit right now. You don’t give conditional offers to top 30 players. 

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2024?position=ALL POSITIONS

I see a lot of IU targets ranked much higher.

I get it that IU doesn't get every player they offer but I don't think it's near as cut & dry as you just made it sound.

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Agreed. And you don’t stop recruiting if he says yes…you keep working those recruits…if you land someone higher and he decommits…well it happens.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2024?position=ALL POSITIONS

I see a lot of IU targets ranked much higher.

I get it that IU doesn't get every player they offer but I don't think it's near as cut & dry as you just made it sound.

It is that cut and dry. That’s not a guess on my part either. He’s also top 30 according to 247 who just recently updated their rankings. I’m not sure when Rivals last updated theirs. 

https://247sports.com/player/jaeden-mustaf-46115848/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DC2345 said:

It is that cut and dry. That’s not a guess on my part either. He’s also top 30 according to 247 who just recently updated their rankings. I’m not sure when Rivals last updated theirs. 

https://247sports.com/player/jaeden-mustaf-46115848/

OK, Sparky...I'll just concede that you're 100% right here and I'm an ignorant rube for daring to question you.  That good enough for you?

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

OK, Sparky...I'll just concede that you're 100% right here and I'm an ignorant rube for daring to question you.  That good enough for you?

You can believe whatever you chose. I just know what the situation is so that’s why I shared it. I also know that Fland for example wouldn’t be scared off by Mustaf either because Mustaf a true combo guard. Fland is listed as that but he’s really only ever played point guard. They could play together so that’s not a real concern for the staff in those recruitments.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2