2024 G Jaeden Mustaf Commits to Georgia Tech

IUFLA

• 4 weeks later...
  • KDB changed the title to 2024 G Jaeden Mustaf Commits to Georgia Tech
11 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

My gut says he’s in the transfer portal by next summer lol 

Probably.  Most of these programs taking chances on old basketball players with limited coaching experience are having the expected results...not great.  We'll see how Damon does when it comes to actual coaching and development.  Recruiting is probably going to be the easy part, especially in the honeymoon phase.

Meanwhile...

Plunger.gif.9bffc4c43366de529236bd886a5e30c4.gif

Next.gif.9b2b8802c527c1772c8e1bfcdabd3bf6.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, KDB said:

Not sure if this was a case of us backing off, but I would imagine if we wanted him we would have had a good chance here. Everything seemed to go quiet on the IU front after his OV, which it sounded like he really enjoyed.. Onto the next.

I really do respect that Woodson is going all in. You get the sense that he agreed we are championships or bust at IU, which is what we SHOULD BE. But that means you gotta pull a seat up to the table with the big dogs and swing for the fences to make a statement. Obviously, I hope it works. And I feel there’s a good chance it will.

but at least he isn’t trying to do the slow methodical approach to gradually build up to being a top 5 program, by securing “good” players until he can snag some great players. He wants to get there immediately.

Our job as fans is to support that and keep the energy positive and trust and believe in the process and I believe we are. Now we wait and watch nervously. 😅