2024 G Jaeden Mustaf Commits to Georgia Tech

IUFLA

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

You can believe whatever you chose. I just know what the situation is so that’s why I shared it. I also know that Fland for example wouldn’t be scared off by Mustaf either because Mustaf a true combo guard. Fland is listed as that but he’s really only ever played point guard. They could play together so that’s not a real concern for the staff in those recruitments.

For the record, I do believe you are most likely right and I do believe you're a lot more dialed in than the average fan.  The way you responded just rubbed me the wrong way and I reacted badly.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

For the record, I do believe you are most likely right and I do believe you're a lot more dialed in than the average fan.  The way you responded just rubbed me the wrong way and I reacted badly.

Yeah I didn’t mean to come across that way at all but I can also see why you may have gotten the wrong impression. I could’ve worded what I said better too. 

• Like 3

Sounds like we did everything we needed to do for this one. Saw one of his comments....I had a high interest in Indiana already and it only grew after the visit. 

Between this young man and the two others on visits this week we won't be in short supply of getting multiple elite PG/Combo Guards in 24.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Max said:

why aren't we talking about this kid? he's going to announce soon and it seems like we have a very, very solid shot - no? 

Says here he's announcing in September -October time frame... And that his Indiana visit went well...

I do think we have a very solid shot here... 

1 hour ago, Max said:

why aren't we talking about this kid? he's going to announce soon and it seems like we have a very, very solid shot - no? 

Think it’s more that our staff is prioritizing other players. 

I would personally be happy if he committed but I wouldn’t be devastated if he didn’t. Cupps, Newton, and Gunn are likely 3-4 year guys and Mustaf is likely the same. 

Nowadays, I just find it hard to get excited about long term projects with the transfer portal and our staffs ability to recruit immediate impact high schoolers like Fino and Reneau.

14 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Think it’s more that our staff is prioritizing other players. 

I would personally be happy if he committed but I wouldn’t be devastated if he didn’t. Cupps, Newton, and Gunn are likely 3-4 year guys and Mustaf is likely the same. 

Nowadays, I just find it hard to get excited about long term projects with the transfer portal and our staffs ability to recruit immediate impact high schoolers like Fino and Reneau.

Maybe wanting to see where we are with Harper and Fland first?

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe wanting to see where we are with Harper and Fland first?

I personally think the staff would take 2 of Harper, Mustaf, and Fland because they are versatile enough to play together. 

Mustaf is a really solid player but if we’re looking for a replacement for X next year, I’d rather go all out for Harper and Fland and then see what the portal has to offer if we miss on both. 

3 hours ago, Max said:

i think that's what i'm referencing

When he said that I think last weekend I was like what?? Thought the kid was a fall decision. Either way it seems like we are in pretty good shape. The good thing about a kid like that is he isn't a one and done. He'll be around where you can have the core guys peppered with OAD and Transfers but every program has to have a core.

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

When he said that I think last weekend I was like what?? Thought the kid was a fall decision. Either way it seems like we are in pretty good shape. The good thing about a kid like that is he isn't a one and done. He'll be around where you can have the core guys peppered with OAD and Transfers but every program has to have a core.

Never know who will be a one and done player. The kid at UCF was ranked around 90-100 and wasn't thought to be a one and done. He ended up the 10th pick of the draft after 1 year

• Like 1