IUBB 22/‘23

On 2/23/2023 at 11:45 AM, IUCrazy2 said:

Our best shooters don't shoot.  Sometimes that is because our passes don't hit them ready to shoot and sometimes it is because they appear gun shy.  We are one of the better shooting teams in an era where the 3 ball is king and we have a NPOY candidate down low who draws double and triple teams.  The fact we don't get more 3's up is criminal.

Miller Kopp has like one of the slowest releases I’ve ever seen. Obviously a good shooter but the guy needs an open runway before he lets it fly. Bates isn’t much better either. The one that gets it up quickest is Jalen but not exactly the best shooter.

On 2/23/2023 at 11:54 AM, KoB2011 said:

If X comes back I think that changes a lot - it gets us more threes in our half court offense because he's really the only perimeter player we have that can get all the way to the basket regularly and he's good at kicking it out when he does that. He also is going to create turnovers that lead to transition threes; he and Kopp had a great connection on that.

I don’t think he is coming back. If he isn’t even practicing with the team do you really think your going to bring back a guy that hasn’t played for over two months to basically play in a lose and go home scenario in the tournament? Maybe if we need a blow for 5-10 mins but he is going to be incredible rusty, out of game shape, and not likely to be nearly as sharpe as we would need him on either end of the floor. 

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think he is coming back. If he isn’t even practicing with the team do you really think your going to bring back a guy that hasn’t played for over two months to basically play in a lose and go home scenario in the tournament? Maybe if we need a blow for 5-10 mins but he is going to be incredible rusty, out of game shape, and not likely to be nearly as sharpe as we would need him on either end of the floor. 

Don’t disagree, but there are always lessons to be learned! X I imagine is learning them as we type. I don’t think as negative as you do, I think X still has something still to say! But that’s , just me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Did I miss something about him not practicing with the team? I saw Woodson say he wasn't where he wanted him to be, but I also saw him in uniform going through shoot around...

Seems like we are doing a lot of smoke and mirrors, but I'm not writing off the fact that he may be back in the next ten days. Unless I'm missing something? 

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Did I miss something about him not practicing with the team? I saw Woodson say he wasn't where he wanted him to be, but I also saw him in uniform going through shoot around...

Seems like we are doing a lot of smoke and mirrors, but I'm not writing off the fact that he may be back in the next ten days. Unless I'm missing something? 

In his latest press availability, Woodson said  X was doing individual workouts and nothing involving contact. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

IU won at NET #5 PU and went from NET 20 to 18. PU didn’t change. 
KY won at home against then #33 Auburn and jumped from 29 to 20.

They really want Kentucky in the Dance so they can pair them with us in whatever region.  
I have tickets to Des Moines for Rounds 1 and 2, I hope IU is there again like they were a few years ago when i watched them beat Kentucky

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DWB said:

With a little separation within the league now, I think what happens in the B1G Tourney will decide if we get 5-6 in the dance or 7-8 in the dance. If RU or MSU lose in the 1st round of the B1G Tourney, I think they are on the outside looking in.

Just my 2¢

As in a 5-6 seed or a 7-8 seed?

There is no way we end up as low as a 7-8 seed. We were the top 4 seed last week, and since then have gone 2-1 with wins over Illinois and Purdue. We are probably on the 3 line right now. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

There is no way we end up as low as a 7-8 seed. We were the top 4 seed last week, and since then have gone 2-1 with wins over Illinois and Purdue. We are probably on the 3 line right now. 

Sorry, I guess I didn't make myself clear. I wasn't talking about IU being on the outside looking in, depending on how we do in the B1G Tourney. I was talking about RU & MSU possibly missing the big dance if they make a quick exit in the B1G Tourney.

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I totally agree with this. But...based on the "love" we got from the committee last year, don't be surprised if we get screwed again.

21 minutes ago, DWB said:

I totally agree with this. But...based on the "love" we got from the committee last year, don't be surprised if we get screwed again.

Yeah, but the committee already released where we stand as of today. We'd have to go very far backward from where they view us today.

I think last year the biggest issue was they didn't really weight the BTT games like we thought they would/should. 

50 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

IU won at NET #5 PU and went from NET 20 to 18. PU didn’t change. 
KY won at home against then #33 Auburn and jumped from 29 to 20.

One thing people should understand when looking at the NET rankings is the actual rating values are unpublished.  So, for example, there could be a big gap between #7 and #8, and the #7 team wouldn’t necessarily drop if they lost.  If you look at the NET rankings for today, you’ll notice a lot of one-day movement for teams ranked in the 20s and 30s, meaning those teams were likely packed very, very tightly together in rating values.  A loss costs you several ranking positions where there is little gap in rating values.

• Like 1