Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

Just now, rico said:

Rutgers is the new favorite in the B1G.

Yes, but I think if they'd have been called for 24 fouls against us like they were against Purdue we may have beat them. Especially if we only got called for 11. 

We lost, and deserved to lose, but I think we all agreed the officiating was pretty rough. Purdue lost and got all the calls. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, rico said:

Rutgers is the new favorite in the B1G.

Rutgers has moved up to #16 in the NET, with a win at now #7 NET Purdue and a stolen loss at #10 NET OSU. They were shorthanded in their losses to Temple and Miami, but are healthy now.

Lunardi, just released his latest bracketology this AM. He has Rutgers as an 11 seed (one of the last 4 byes) and kept PU as a 1 seed. Some other notables. He has KY (#41 NET) and ILL (#40 NET) as 8 seeds and MD (#49 NET) a 10. I think Rutgers would destroy all of them. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yes, but I think if they'd have been called for 24 fouls against us like they were against Purdue we may have beat them. Especially if we only got called for 11. 

We lost, and deserved to lose, but I think we all agreed the officiating was pretty rough. Purdue lost and got all the calls. 

They’re a solid team that wreak havoc defensively. If we can’t figure out our shooting woes, teams should just pack the lane against Edey and dare us to beat them from distance. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

They’re a solid team that wreak havoc defensively. If we can’t figure out our shooting woes, teams should just pack the lane against Edey and dare us to beat them from distance. 

Yeah you're relying on freshman guards to withstand the physicality of the Big Ten and not hit a wall. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah you're relying on freshman guards to withstand the physicality of the Big Ten and not hit a wall. 

💯. Like I said after Rutgers beat you guys up in the RAC….luckily only a couple Big Ten teams are that physical 

Sadly for Purdue O$U is one of those teams 

Rutgers punched them in the mouth and Purdue responded ….after halftime 😳

27 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don't forget to bring Larry Scirotto, Paul Szelc, and Doug Sirmons with you...Especially Szelc...He was on the officiating crew when IU got screwed at Mackey last year too...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I understand the frustration but Purdue plays drop coverage basically giving the guard a lane jumper or lob when we don’t tag the rim runner 

No frustration...I watched the game more than once...2 teams both played physical basketball, and only one got called for it...

Last night Scirotto and crew couldn't call enough to give you a victory...Tough luck...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

No frustration...I watched the game more than once...2 teams both played physical basketball, and only one got called for it...

Last night Scirotto and crew couldn't call enough to give you a victory...Tough luck...

Happy to think we played half as hard as Rutgers did last night 

just curious….should every game end with fouls even? 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Happy to think we played half as hard as Rutgers did last night 

just curious….should every game end with fouls even? 

No, but I seem to remember you belly aching about a game from long ago against Syracuse where Purdue was on the short end of things with a wide free throw disparity...

Maybe they were playing drop coverage basically giving the guard a lane jumper or lob when they didn’t tag the rim runner, huh?

Oh, that's right... They play a zone... 

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

21 Fouls called on IU to 11 called against Purdue...21-10 FT disparity...And we lost by 2...

Every time there’s a foul differential it doesn’t always mean one team got screwed. We had two good bigs and Ivey who drew a lot of fouls. Plus our defense gives up a lot of jumpers and we didn’t have a good defense in general last year. Don’t think it’s that crazy. 

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

No, but I seem to remember you belly aching about a game from long ago against Syracuse where Purdue was on the short end of things with a wide free throw disparity...

Maybe they were playing drop coverage basically giving the guard a lane jumper or lob when they didn’t tag the rim runner, huh?

Oh, that's right... They play a zone... 

The worst I’ve ever seen was when Purdue played Oklahoma at MSG when they had Blake Griffin. We were outshot 46-5 at the free throw line that game. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Every time there’s a foul differential it doesn’t always mean one team got screwed. We had two good bigs and Ivey who drew a lot of fouls. Plus our defense gives up a lot of jumpers and we didn’t have a good defense in general last year. Don’t think it’s that crazy. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The worst I’ve ever seen was when Purdue played Oklahoma at MSG when they had Blake Griffin. We were outshot 46-5 at the free throw line that game. 

Make up your mind...

• Like 1