Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

This makes last night harder to deal with. 

And I hate thinking this way. First thing I thought of when I see Maryland boat race Purdue is Gosh Darn to the all Gosh Darns in the world because of what we know. MFMFMFMFMFMFMF.....just wish we were fully healthy and I'll leave it at that.

Woodson set the table. We said it on here. Pressure undersized guards and you win. Same as Cuse did to us with Yogi and Jordy. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Wonder if the Big Ten does this? Can't imagine they do given how many games we see refs that we know are horrible officiating. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35675259/adam-silver-says-nba-disciplines-referees-missed-calls

I don’t think so at least not in basketball that I’ve seen. I have seen it happen a few times to B1G football refs though. I remember a game back when Tiller was coaching and we were at Penn State and there was some egregious officiating going on. I think that crew was suspended for a week I believe. 

• Like 1

General topic within the topic: B1G teams with the best chance to make the second weekend of the tournament. 

With teams like NW and Rutgers, I just wonder how they’ll do in the tournament because defense defines them and their defense tends to be overly aggressive, which they get away with in conference. If games are called tighter I can’t imagine them winning their first game, despite their veteran back courts. 

On the other hand, will a dark horse team emerge? Last year it was Michigan. This year, I have a feeling that IL has a chance to do that, but can they get their talent to play a bit more disciplined?

And then you have the front-runner: Purdue. Dominant big. Young back court. 

And us. If we can get X playing close to 90% come mid March, I just think we have the best team in a tournament setting. 

So I pose the questions. If the tournament was seeded today….

Who would you bet $$$ on to make the elite 8?
Who is going to have a disappointing early exit?
Who is going to be this year’s unexpected ‘second weekend’ team?

Edited by tdhoosier