Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I know I have anti Illinois bias as much as anyone so I'm trying to be objective. What exactly is Underwood's sets on offense? I rarely see designed plays/screens (mid or high).....just seems to be a ton of standing around and jacking up 25 footers.

My first text from Illini buddies just now is how do we not ever have anything designed on offense? Zero strategy and their words not mine that's on the staff.

Posted by an Illinois fan:

The inconsistency for this team stems from Underwood. From day one coming to the Illini he has had to change his offense and defense, sometimes during the year and sometimes he waits at the end of the year. This year just like several other teams dating back to OkSt. he has needed to completely change everything mid season. But there is no clear NBA player to save his a$$ on this team. Being a great coach in the Big 10 or any conference really is knowing who your are offensively and defensively as a coach and do the best you can to recruit to YOUR philosophies. The reason he HAD to completely change up this year is because he was getting worked by the other coaches. He was not able to successfully counter the counters. We have been told by other coaches and announcers many times this year that this squad is the most talented team in the big ten and if they could only figure it out they could really be good. I say if the coaching staff can ever figure it out then we might be good!!!
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, rico said:

Posted by an Illinois fan:

The inconsistency for this team stems from Underwood. From day one coming to the Illini he has had to change his offense and defense, sometimes during the year and sometimes he waits at the end of the year. This year just like several other teams dating back to OkSt. he has needed to completely change everything mid season. But there is no clear NBA player to save his a$$ on this team. Being a great coach in the Big 10 or any conference really is knowing who your are offensively and defensively as a coach and do the best you can to recruit to YOUR philosophies. The reason he HAD to completely change up this year is because he was getting worked by the other coaches. He was not able to successfully counter the counters. We have been told by other coaches and announcers many times this year that this squad is the most talented team in the big ten and if they could only figure it out they could really be good. I say if the coaching staff can ever figure it out then we might be good!!!

Most talented team in the Big 10? Haha. Sorry kid. You aren't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Just showed the updated standing and it had IU the last of the 11-7 teams. Why would UM be ahead of us since we beat them.

Because they likely beat Nortwestern and Maryland.  They have to take into account all games from all teams involved in the tie-breaker, not just IU

Edited by 5fouls

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Just a hypothetical question if there is a 4 way tie for first at 13-7 with IU, NW, Maryland and Purdue what would the game order for the conference tournament be.  Would Purdue be 4th since they are 1-4 against the other 3 teams.

Yes

42 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just a hypothetical question if there is a 4 way tie for first at 13-7 with IU, NW, Maryland and Purdue what would the game order for the conference tournament be.  Would Purdue be 4th since they are 1-4 against the other 3 teams.

The fact that Purdue is 1-4 against the other teams who could possibly share the title speaks volumes about how favorable their conference schedule is. Easily could have lost that 5th game, too if Maryland didn't go ice cold for the last few minutes at Mackey.

• Like 6