Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

6 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Big Ten officiating is such a joke

Serious every game I watch I see guys set screens releases then the guy with the ball plays peekaboo with his defender behind the screener and the refs allow the screener to keep moving into the guy to try and reset a screen aka a moving screen. Not to mention screeners with the legs wider than their shoulders alot or sticking butts out. Not to also mention setting the screen then rolling into the defender after set screen to block them. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm still leaning we want Northwestern to win today. With Maryland having edge over us too I'd still prefer to be the 3 seed....and that's only because I'd prefer games at night or later in day. Hate the early starts.

If we protect home court we can’t fall below a tie for second IF Maryland beats Northwestern today. With that said, I think we’ll end up #2 alone given the games that still have to be played.

Northwestern still has to go to Rutgers as well. MD still has to go to PSU. Illinois has to go to Purdue. We have Michigan at home. 

For me, go MD, OSU, and Wiscy today!

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

If we protect home court we can’t fall below a tie for second IF Maryland beats Northwestern today. With that said, I think we’ll end up #2 alone given the games that still have to be played.

Northwestern still has to go to Rutgers as well. MD still has to go to PSU. Illinois has to go to Purdue. We have Michigan at home. 

For me, go MD, OSU, and Wiscy today!

Plus… not totally out of the realm Purdue drops their last two. I wouldn’t bet on it, but it could definitely happen. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm still leaning we want Northwestern to win today. With Maryland having edge over us too I'd still prefer to be the 3 seed....and that's only because I'd prefer games at night or later in day. Hate the early starts.

I was just saying the same thing to my son.  Our best case scenario (other than Purdue losing out) would be to get the 3 seed with Northwestern as the 2.  I want no part of Maryland in the tournament.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I promised myself this morning what I wouldn't do to have 6 points. Dang it those Iowa, Northwestern losses. Just dang it. Oh well water under the bridge. This team is coming. If we can just get Tamar and Geronimo going this week. Get them some home love and confidence going into tourney time.

Amen to this 1,000 times....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I was just saying the same thing to my son.  Our best case scenario (other than Purdue losing out) would be to get the 3 seed with Northwestern as the 2.  I want no part of Maryland in the tournament.  

Plus selfishly....the 3 seeds are all late afternoon or evening session games! No early starts.

• Like 1