Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Man... that's lame as hell defense by the UW player. It's a flop first by Wahl and I don't think Dickinson even makes contact with Wahl with the alleged stomp you guys are seeing. 

Definitely a flop… flops happen all of the time, but you don’t think he tried to stomp on him? 🤣

Edited by kyhoosier29

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

Definitely a flop… flops happen all of the time, but you don’t think he tried to stomp on him? 🤣

No. I don't think Dickinson is coordinated enough to do that as quick as we see on the film. I think if you're viewing it as a "stomp" it's because his goofy ass is tripping over Wahl's stupid ass. There is a lot of stupid in this video. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I keep looking at all these bracket projections.  The B1G could get 11 teams in.  I don't think it will happen but that shows how good the conference is.  

I personally think those days are over. If the conference as a whole had more tourney success I could see it but my gut tells me they might start looking at other conferences to fill those 9-10 seeds. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I personally think those days are over. If the conference as a whole had more tourney success I could see it but my gut tells me they might start looking at other conferences to fill those 9-10 seeds. 

Has the conference not had tourney success? Obviously there is that not winning a title streak thing, but beyond that the Big Ten has consistently put teams in the Final Four and the title game. 

Beyond that, I don't think previous conference tourney success is a metric the committee ever thinks about. I don't think it has any impact whatsoever. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Has the conference not had tourney success? Obviously there is that not winning a title streak thing, but beyond that the Big Ten has consistently put teams in the Final Four and the title game. 

Beyond that, I don't think previous conference tourney success is a metric the committee ever thinks about. I don't think it has any impact whatsoever. 

Sure hope it doesn't but people carry biases into situations no matter what. Human nature. I mean last year besides us we had how many teams 1 and done it? 4 or 5? I hope they don't for sure but we'll see. 

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sure hope it doesn't but people carry biases into situations no matter what. Human nature. I mean last year besides us we had how many teams 1 and done it? 4 or 5? I hope they don't for sure but we'll see. 

I won't look it up, but I believe last year the conference had 2 teams under-performed their seed, 1 team outperformed it and the others did exactly what their seed said they should. Not a great showing, but not some disaster either.

Past tourney draws confirm that previous results do not impact seeding. Do you honestly think the committee even remembers how teams did last year? Other than the Final 4, I would have to dig deep to remember what a given team did in the tourney last year - it certainly wouldn't bias my evaluations of teams this year.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Definitely worth a visit from the league. I mean we know Howard isn't going to suspend him. To recap. Howard slapped Gard last year. Dickinson wore his ski mask to game in Madison, and now this incident. Something between these two teams but seems like all the punk moves are on Michigan's side.

Definitely agree that Michigan seems to be the aggressor in all these instances, but haven't we been saying for years with all the cheap crap Wisconsin does someone is eventually going to "punch back" either figuratively or literally....

I'm glad we aren't doing what Michigan is doing, but someone doing it to Wisconsin after two decades of them being little twats doesn't break my heart either. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So here are the weekend results and the rest of the schedule...Wins in green, losses in red

image.png.bd5a37a4af5dda0c836a5b382cb30000.png

Updated Standings and projections...

image.png.2239519b9d7d45a793a2965a75c7c7d3.png

And using @BruceDouglas's (Thanks!) handy dandy brackets tool, here would be the BTT schedule...

image.png.e15557aca5a243b146c1000e35a34a49.png

This would be great other than the fact that we are getting hacked to death in the semis. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd be shocked if past performance of a conference as a whole has anything to do with the current years selections or seeding, especially since they don't even really look at conference affiliation when making the selections anyways. 

I'm also not even really sure that the Big Ten has performed poorly historically over time. 

• Like 2