Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

6 minutes ago, DWB said:

True, but so are 13 other teams and 181 other players. Give it a F'ing Rest !!

I'm not sure if you are aware, but they did release the season awards and Edey did win something in a close race over TJD.... seems like that is a very understandable point of conversation. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, DWB said:

True, but so are 13 other teams and 181 other players. Give it a F'ing Rest !!

Tell you what, you seem like a reasonable person...

You don't tell me what or how to post, and I'll extend you the same courtesy... Deal? 

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Tell you what, you seem like a reasonable person...

You don't tell me what or how to post, and I'll extend you the same courtesy... Deal? 

Sorry man, but it seems it’s been a 65%+ PU board all freakin year. 
it’s not a “don’t tell me how to post” thing. It’s been pretty obnoxious level. 

Xavier caught speeding… oh yea, well Edy only started driving when he was 16… agggggghhhhhhh.    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Sorry man, but it seems it’s been a 65%+ PU board all freakin year. 
it’s not a “don’t tell me how to post” thing. It’s been pretty obnoxious level. 

Xavier caught speeding… oh yea, well Edy only started driving when he was 16… agggggghhhhhhh.    

You need to go back and read progressively through the thread...

I think all through the thread it was about Trayce vs Edey for Big 10 PoY, and reasoning for each. 

Nothing more, nothing less... 

• Like 1

I guess I don’t understand Win/shares

big ten only 

ZE15 .315

TJD  .239

I honestly think Zach won the award in PK85 and TJD list it at KU & AZ

100% media loves the Big Canadian underdog story…he played hockey or he wears size 22 shoes 

TJD had a season for the ages 

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't like that at all. If OSU was on the bubble, would they then account for that game as if it was a loss?

Are they doing to count UVAs win against Duke against UVA now?

What about other games that perhaps didn't get a statement, but had controversial finishes (IU @ NU, several others)? 

Seriously, this decision is incredibly stupid. Yes it was a bad call, but there have been a ton of other bad calls late in games that have cost teams games. I'm pretty sure Wisconsin got screwed on a missed out of bounds call vs Kansas that cost them the game, which is basically the same thing that happened here.

You can't go back and cherry pick one game with a late bad call to fix. It's either all or nothing, and trying to fix all late bad calls would open pandora's box.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

So is COTY the coach who did the best relative to their expected finish or the coach who did the best job? Collins did a great job no doubt but I have a hard time wrapping my head around a coach who won the league by 3 games in a year where they were picked between 5th and 7th not winning it. 

Could make a great case for either Collins or Painter. However, NW was picked last and had lost Ryan Young and Pete Nance to Duke and UNC. They were supposed to be putrid. Collins was almost fired at the end of last season. No one imagined this. Purdue was very surprising, but NW was beyond shocking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Those 3 were way more athletic. The NBA compares him to Taco Falls, Moses Malone and Mark Eaton.

Mark Eaton wasn't squat in college.  Scored a whopping 53 points in his UCLA career.

Now Malone I could see except he didn't go to college.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

I'm sure I must have missed this, but surely someone mentioned Yao Ming...right?  He strikes me as the obvious comparison...7'6"  310lbs.

I think the best comparison would be Shaq in college. His only move in college was a shoulder to the opponents chest, driving him under the basket. Edey is a better FT shooter, though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I think the best comparison would be Shaq in college. His only move in college was a shoulder to the opponents chest, driving him under the basket. Edey is a better FT shooter, though.

I would say that is a fair comparison.  Shaq was a monster post player.