IUWBB Post-Season Game Thread

btownqb

5 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

If Holmes misses the 2nd FT on purpose, the game is over 

I told my son this.  I know they could have still got the rebound and advanced it.  But, if it gets tipped around before they gain control, the second and a half may have run off.  At the vey least, you would have given her less time to get one off.  

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosier82 said:

I really like Moren but not having Holmes brick the second FT then not doubling the the only player on the court who can beat you on the out of bounds play is pee wee league level obvious. 

You can advance the ball, so no, you don't brick the second free throw there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I told my son this.  I know they could have still got the rebound and advanced it.  But, if it gets tipped around before they gain control, the second and a half may have run off.  At the vey least, you would have given her less time to get one off.  

So now we should not only miss when they can advance, we should aggressively go for the rebound and possibly foul, giving them two free throws for the win?

Guys.... you don't miss that free throw when you can advance the ball. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I really like Moren but not having Holmes brick the second FT then not doubling the the only player on the court who can beat you on the out of bounds play is pee wee league level obvious. 

They still would have called timeout after the miss and got the ball at half court 

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

The BIG tourney jist got even more interesting. Please dear God, let's see them again. 

We are probably a #1 seed regardless.  But, if Iowa were to beat us in the BTT final, it gives the committee something to think about.  Especially if they were to beat us by 10 points or so.  

This loss hurts regardless of it having no bearing for the conference title.  

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I said the very same thing to the DW....

(My first and only BTW)....

Just now, 5fouls said:

Yep.  I have her try to miss it off the side rim and there is a good chance it does not come off cleanly.  

Right, but it doesn't have to come cleanly, the clock doesn't start until it's touched.

We got beat on a tough shot, I'd much rather that than get beat on two free throws or on a layup. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

A rebound would have been a quick to anyway.  I get the double team tho. 

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Poor coaching. You double Clark all day and make someone else beat you. 

Should have had McNeil guarding her on the catch and someone else running to the spot where she was headed.  I won't begin to call it bad coaching though.  Teri Moren knows a hell of a lot more about basketball than I do,  

• Like 2

Gotta hand it to the girl.  She’s the best shooter since Steph Curry.  Game won’t hurt IU.  They were off from outside today but still hung in there in a tough environment against a good team.  Did not follow the program by letting Clark get hers and shutting down everyone else.  Too many other players scored too much for Iowa.  It still took a miracle shot to beat them.  Won’t happen again in Chicago.

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Right, but it doesn't have to come cleanly, the clock doesn't start until it's touched.

We got beat on a tough shot, I'd much rather that than get beat on two free throws or on a layup. 

I love Moran but that was a horrible inbounds defense. We had a girl standing guarding air 5 feet from the basket. A 3 is the only way we lose…and there was only one person that was taking that shot. You either double her or guard the inbounds pass so it isn’t an easy pass with her curling for the 3. Make her have to catch it going away from the basket. That was an awful awful decision…

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Could easily have the clock tick below .7 seconds, which limits what they can do.