IU @ Iowa Game Thread

Reacher

My first half takeaways, for all three people who care:

• Overall, great! We are up double digits on the road.
  • Really worried about the long term impact of the Race injury - that great depth we thought we had doesn't look so great without Race and X.
  • Jordan Geronimo has to be the lowest IQ player I've ever seen at IU. Great kid, great athlete, just very unskilled and unsmart. 
  • The overturned goaltending that was in our favor, was terrible. As bad as any call I've seen all year, and I thought I'd seen the two worst calls of the year against us against Arizona. 
  • Defense honestly was pretty good, the tempo is the biggest reason they have so many points. 
  • JHS is a STUD
  • Please, please, please don't let Trayce be hurt.
  • We're gonna have to go small second half, because JG and MR just don't have it.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Say what you want, I'll take those percentages out of our defense every game the rest of the year. The tempo is rapid and there have been some lapses, but they have 40 points because of tempo.

Ummm, look closely at the score on my screenshot.   😄🤦‍♂️

Hey folks...don't post often these days but I'm a little stunned by that series of ref events there. We likely lost Race for while to a play that the refs swallowed their whistles on and then got teed up for throwing the ball to the refs. Proud of this team responding well and not completely collapsing at the end of the half after that chaos. 

And let's thank Woodson for building this team deep. We have players to replace those who are going down, but we can't afford any more losses at this point.  Go IU.....let's hope we hold strong this second half!! 

• Like 3