Who Starts for Race on Sunday?

Who Starts for Race Sunday?   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who Starts for Race Sunday?

I'm with @NotIThatLives in that the Geronimo hate has gone a little bit overboard. He had a horrific defensive stretch in the 2nd half last night.  No denying that. 

But,,,,,,,,He clearly is a more confident and composed player than Reneau right now in almost all phases (scoring, rebounding, interior defense, etc).  Neither can guard the perimiter.   

And, let's face it.  If Duncomb can't get in last night's game, what game is he going to get an opportunity.  I'm not saying that I agree with Woodson's refusal to put him in, but it's pretty clear he is not a Woody favorite.

And, I don't think a 4 guard lineup will work against Northwestern.  Some other teams in the conference?  Yes.  But, not N'Western.  

• Like 3

No one has said it that I've seen but Galloway, outside of a few layups, was not very good last night either.  He got beat off the dribble somewhere in the ballpark of 79 times.  He needs to take notes in the film room of Kopp and start playing smarter, especially if he is going to be required to give extended minutes.  He can't go 1000 mph, gamble, let guys blow by him and get into the lane, then have a 10 second call.  Come on.  But he's smart so he will likely adapt.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

No one has said it that I've seen but Galloway, outside of a few layups, was not very good last night either.  He got beat off the dribble somewhere in the ballpark of 79 times.  He needs to take notes in the film room of Kopp and start playing smarter, especially if he is going to be required to give extended minutes.  He can't go 1000 mph, gamble, let guys blow by him and get into the lane, then have a 10 second call.  Come on.  But he's smart so he will likely adapt.  

That turnover when he tried the wrap around pass to TJD who was looking to rebound and not expecting a pass was not a veryv good play. 

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Trey has been having a rough stretch. Just doesn't seem like we are getting the same spark from him the past few games for whatever reason.

I voted Geronimo. If we just remove X and Race from the equation of this season, we need Jordan to step up at the four.

He certainly has some good things he can bring to the table there, but he needs to step up and do it. He's an upper classman and is getting the chance of the a lifetime. 

I'd like to see the minutes for the rest of the season (assuming no blowouts that alter this):

• JHS - 35
  • Bates - 30
  • Kopp - 35
  • Geronimo - 25
  • TJD - 35
  • Reneau - 10
  • Galloway - 30

Is that realistic? I dunno, but we don't really have much depth so I'm not sure who else is going to factor into the minutes equation if Race and X don't get back. That gives us 10 minutes of small ball and 5 minutes of TJD and Reneau together. 

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

I'm hoping knowing he will be starting will give him the confidence to settle down and play better. 

That is why I went with MR to start. Even though he has been struggling, my thinking is that the spot light of starting might be worse for JG. Let MR start and then bring in Jordan. Just my train of thought, but who knows.  

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

That is why I went with MR to start. Even though he has been struggling, my thinking is that the spot light of starting might be worse for JG. Let MR start and then bring in Jordan. Just my train of thought, but who knows.  

I like the idea of MR playing with TJD more. Might help him settle into game and get freed up to get some easy shots and get some confidence 

either way MR and JG and even Gunn have some opportunities to step up. Would be really good if all 3 do. The season and goals for the season could still be attained. 

• Like 1