Ohio State Game Thread

Reacher

This is going to sound crazy but besides JHS, and MR to an extent, everybody else kind of no-showed in the first half. TJD picked it up late in the half. Defense was ok, not bad but not great either. And we’re still up 16. Man, skies the limit when XJ gets back. No letdown, finish this off. Don’t let them get back in it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

This is going to sound crazy but besides JHS, and MR to an extent, everybody else kind of no-showed in the first half. TJD picked it up late in the half. Defense was ok, not bad but not great either. And we’re still up 16. Man, skies the limit when XJ gets back. No letdown, finish this off. Don’t let them get back in it. 

I hear what you're saying, but we held them to under 35% from the field and they're only on pace for 60 points. That's pretty good defense. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

We only gave up 30 points. That’s a little better than “okay “ defense 

• Like 5

Just now, Reacher said:

Sensabaugh not getting much help

Screenshot_20230128_200851_Chrome.jpg

If I'm Holtmann, my entire offense this half would be getting Sensabaugh the balk in switches with Race and Reneau on him. 

Neither can stay in front of him when we tries to get to the mid-range and both go for even the slightest pump fake. 

• Like 1

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

I hear ya. Just felt like we bit on too many shot fakes and they missed a lot of open shots. Certainly didn’t think it was bad, just didn’t think we were as good as we can be. 

Agree on the shot fakes. Especially Race and Reneau, they go for any shot fake. 

• Like 4