Michigan State Game Thread

KDB

Just now, IU Scott said:

Can't play or coach scared.  I guess seeing one of the best coaches of all time playing guys with 2 fouls has us older guys not understanding why you bench guys with two fouls.

Are we really to the point where people are questioning pulling JHS for 6 minutes left to go in the 1st half cause he has 2 fouls?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

My biggest Woody complaint that half is he shouldn't have called the timeout when he did. We had the momentum and a TV timeout coming at the next dead ball, it made zero sense. We could have used that later in the half. 

I think he was upset that we just turned the ball over 3 straight possessions 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

My biggest Woody complaint that half is he shouldn't have called the timeout when he did. We had the momentum and a TV timeout coming at the next dead ball, it made zero sense. We could have used that later in the half. 

I think hebwas trying to get TJD extra rest.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Can't play or coach scared.  I guess seeing one of the best coaches of all time playing guys with 2 fouls has us older guys not understanding why you bench guys with two fouls.

You mean that coach who thinks Mike Woodson is a basketball genius?

Get out of here with this. Woody made a decision based on how they were calling the game, combined with time and score. It didn't work, it wasn't a bad decision though.

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Both teams have 12 field goals. MSU has 2 more threes and four more free throws. 

In our first game Scirotto crew gave Sparty their most FTA's on the year. We'll see. We missed JHS. I'm trying to be as fair as I can but so far Sparty's offense is bailout 3's and free throw line. We'll see if that operation works. 

Race and Trayce have to finish at the rim this half. To me besides JHS being on the floor we can make this one up.

• Like 3

Just now, Threedom said:

Not sure what’s up with bates.  Time for Gunn to get a chance.  TJD is either playing too nice or just wore out.  Single coverage against a frosh could be an easy up and under instead of a lazy hook and block followed by a 3 point dager.  

Not defending Bates but with JHS out they need Bates in there to give Kopp some room.