Purdue II Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

When: Saturday, February 25th 7:30 pm EST 

Where: Mackey Arena, West Lafayette, Indiana 

TV: Fox 

The Hoosiers visit 24-4 (13-4, 1st in Big Ten) Boilermakers who'll be trying to even the score after taking a loss in Bloomington earlier this month. Purdue has lost 3 of their last 5, but are coming off a drubbing of hapless Ohio State in Mackey or, as @13th&Jacksoncalled it "The Moose Lodge of College Basketball" 😁

Their last 5 games... 

Screenshot_20230223-134405.thumb.png.737fbde189170fbb99badef845c502d7.png

Box score from 2/4 

Screenshot_20230223-135550.thumb.png.0b93efd6be5b0de64352305e9ab6c558.png

Screenshot_20230223-135752.thumb.png.b9e17b1ec99f954503f15b72047acb9e.png

Screenshot_20230223-135952.thumb.png.eadbd0868fb8e2cb2bf7438803a8d710.png

They'll start the same 5 they did in Bloomington...Edey, Furst, Morton, Loyer, and Smith...

Keys are the same as the last game against them. Our bigs need to push Edey out of his happy spot, and throw different looks at him. Control their freshmen guards and don't let their shooters get good looks...

Tough game, but I think it'll be another close one... Be nice to pull this one out at the end...

Go Hoosiers! POTFB! 

• Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Love these 2 on the call.

Same comments as before. Body up their guards with our size and just make everyone else not named Edey work for their points. Seems like Kopp is finding his groove and realizes he must put up more 3's. Need more from TG and if just one of Bates/Geronimo can come in and add some quality minutes I see a tight one. We lost by 2 up there last year with a much different roster. No reason to think we can't have same result just with a few more points for us.

• Like 1

We knew going into this week we were facing two extremely tough road games. Both were set up to be emotional for very different reasons (tragedy and rivalry). I want to win every game we play, but to be honest I would have taken one out of two if offered and never thought twice about it. That is still on the table. 

I’d really like our chances with a healthy X. I worry TJD will have two fouls before everyone has found their seats which would severely cripple us. We have got to get something from the bench (I’m looking at you Bates and Geronimo).  Keep it even or close until the last four and then find a way to gut one out one more time. 

• Like 1

We need the non-tired TJD…the one that has hop to have any chance! Facing a monumental test WITH that TJD. Been turning it over too much and not playing the best D as a team. Those two things have to change if we want a chance…. on top of our shooters knocking down some threes.

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

8 point underdogs tomorrow 

Lines always intrigue me. We all know the intent of a line. I get that part but in getting to that line Vegas uses tons of information, data, metrics,etc....to get to that point. I'm just surprised after only losing by 2 up there last year and winning 2 of the last 3 in the series it's an 8 spot.

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Nebraska at Rutgers maybe? I remember the same. Felt like I heard DD.

PISCATAWAY, N.J. – Rutgers men's basketball is back at Jersey Mike's Arena on Tuesday night. The Scarlet Knights will host Nebraska for an 8 p.m. game on BTN, which features Jason Horowitz and Brian Butch on the call.

He does sound a lot like Dakich...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

PISCATAWAY, N.J. – Rutgers men's basketball is back at Jersey Mike's Arena on Tuesday night. The Scarlet Knights will host Nebraska for an 8 p.m. game on BTN, which features Jason Horowitz and Brian Butch on the call.

He does sound a lot like Dakich...

👍. Thought he was Dakich for sure.

• Like 2