Transfers with IU Interest

3 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Good luck young man. 

I believe an additional year would have been beneficial, but they call it professional basketball for a reason.  Get wealthy, young man.

Now that another roster spot is officially available, let's get a solid replacement!

• Like 3

Just now, SawatchHoosier said:

With all the speculation about Caleb Love is it fair assume that Woody and staff wanted to, out of respect to Jalen, wait for Jalen to make his announcement before signing Love? 

Could certainly be the optics here in regards to timing.

Let Jalen declare then fill the vacant/needed spot.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

With all the speculation about Caleb Love is it fair assume that Woody and staff wanted to, out of respect to Jalen, wait for Jalen to make his announcement before signing Love? 

I think, in general, the possibility of JHS returning, as remote as it was, probably gave any portal guard considering IU to pause before committing.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

As Handlogten is a freshmen, couldn't he come here to develop a year and then take over for Shedrick the following year? Maybe even redshirt? Otherwise, we are back to the portal for a big next year to replace Shedrick. Would still have Malik and Sparks but I like the idea of a developmental big. Not sure that is a role Handlogten is looking for but works for me! 

Shedrick could stay 2 years and I highly doubt they would take both.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

JHS was an incredible talent. With that said not many draft rankings (not that they are reliable) had him as a potential lottery pick at the beginning of the season. If I'm a guard you have to think that Coach Woodson and staff helping JHS work his way into legitimate lottery discussion during the season while playing out of position has to be a big incentive. I'm trying to remember a shooting guard from another school in the last decade asked to become to the primary PG mid-season who increased his NBA draft value?

You have to think Caleb Love sees this and wants to be a part of that development.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 4

Eric Bossi suggesting the Timberlake/UNC visit did not go as well as many had hoped in UNC country. If he sets up more visits, UNC (the perceived favorite) might be in trouble. Something to keep an eye on.

Here is the quote from Bossi: 

"However, Timberlake has yet to commit and there are rumbles of some concern out of Tar Heel land.

Timberlake has yet to lock in any other visits for next week, but Kansas and Indiana have been rumored as potential spots and they’re among others like St. John’s and UCLA working to get him on campus. If Timberlake does indeed lock in visits, then it might be time for UNC to start making moves on other targets."

• Like 5

Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

Hello Hubert?

Quote from Dennis Love:

He also wants to be in a situation, where he can be taught, man, improve his efficiency.

"He wants to be coached. He really wants to be coached and really have someone help him get better. And then he obviously wants to be in a situation that allows him to achieve his ultimate dream, his goal — to get to the league."

I can't think of a better situation then IU, with quotes like that. Thank you. 

• Like 9

Sounds like Timberlake's visit to UNC may have not went great. GET HIM ON CAMPUS WOODY! Dude is a bucket. Article mentions a couple other IU targets as well.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/LongFormArticle/College-Basketball-Transfer-Portal-Kelel-Ware-Caleb-Love-Adrian-Ace-Baldwin-Nicolas-Timberlake-Kadin-Shedrick-Nimari-Burnett-207590186/#207590186_1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Im no insider or anything but just based what I’ve read from multiple sites i think well get shedrick love and ledlum. Id love to get battle for the 4th scholly but i dont see him committing with those 3 on board 

Edited by Andrew

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Im no insider or anything but just based what I’ve read from multiple sites i think well get shedrick love and ledlum. Id love to get battle for the 4th scholly but i dont see him committing with those 3 on board 

If that's what we get, our perimeter scoring will get even worse. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew said:

if they want a piece of the pie, they need to bite first. 

17 minutes ago, KDB said:

Sounds like Timberlake's visit to UNC may have not went great. GET HIM ON CAMPUS WOODY! Dude is a bucket. Article mentions a couple other IU targets as well.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/LongFormArticle/College-Basketball-Transfer-Portal-Kelel-Ware-Caleb-Love-Adrian-Ace-Baldwin-Nicolas-Timberlake-Kadin-Shedrick-Nimari-Burnett-207590186/#207590186_1

Why hello there, it’s not like we have 4 available spots at this time

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Hello Hubert?

Quote from Dennis Love:

He also wants to be in a situation, where he can be taught, man, improve his efficiency.

"He wants to be coached. He really wants to be coached and really have someone help him get better. And then he obviously wants to be in a situation that allows him to achieve his ultimate dream, his goal — to get to the league."

If that doesn’t scream Indiana, I don’t know what does. 

• Like 6