Transfers with IU Interest

Just now, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Just basic stuff. Nothing crazy. Fit, playing time, player usage, goals etc. same thing every player goes through in the transfer process. But it wasn’t 1 call and an immediate I’m coming. 

I believe that.. but, I would say the part where we REALLY benefitted... doesn't seem like the kid gave any other school the time of day. 

We crossed enough Ts, dotted enough Is.... there was no need for him to even check out another school, imo, I would say that's where the Indiana fan thing really hit. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I am not panicking but just want to comment on the bolded.  The kid we nabbed would have been like offering me a scholarship when I was 19 or 20. 

"Hey IUCrazy2, this is Bob Knight"

"Yes."

"Yes what son?"

"To whatever you are about to ask me coach."

I get the impression that Sparks just got his dream offer.  We didn't have to have that guy visit, he was ours the minute Woody said, "Hey son, how would you like to pla-"  "Yes, yes, yes, yes."

My point is, until you get kids on campus, I don't take their or our interest too seriously. I used him as an example, although maybe a poor one. But if Love was really interested and was going to get a big NIL offer or is going to get big NIL offers period, you'd think he would visit the campus and coaches in person before making a decision. I assume the final schools for bigger transfers (those getting a lot of $$$) have similar NIL "offers", so I assume they would be interested in the other factors like, you know, where and who you're going to be playing and living with. So until guys visit, I take their interest or IU's interest for that matter, with a grain of salt. I understand there might be exceptions. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

My point is, until you get kids on campus, I don't take their or our interest too seriously. I used him as an example, although maybe a poor one. But if Love was really interested and was going to get a big NIL offer or is going to get big NIL offers period, you'd think he would visit the campus and coaches in person before making a decision. I assume the final schools for bigger transfers (those getting a lot of $$$) have similar NIL "offers", so I assume they would be interested in the other factors like, you know, where and who you're going to be playing and living with. So until guys visit, I take their interest or IU's interest for that matter, with a grain of salt. I understand there might be exceptions. 

Good point.  I get amused at all of the portal players proudly announcing IU's "interest".  I'm guessing that Jordan Hulls calls a lot of prospects who are frankly, long shots to ever play for IU, simply because IU is trying to leave no stone unturned.

• Like 1