Transfers with IU Interest

32 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Woody playing the long game?

IU gets a kid with talent to develop... The kid gets a year with Clif and practices against better athletes, all the while getting some NIL $$$... And Purdue fans weep uncontrollably...

I'm not seeing the downside 🙂

If that's the scenario, he'd be far better off going to Montverde or IMG, if an option. Just don't think it makes sense to reclassify to essentially redshirt. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't think he'd get any, hopefully. RS

I don't know... Shoot, give him Gunn type minutes from last year and see if he can earn more... If not, nothing really lost... He doesn't strike me as a 4 year player anyway you slice it...

Here's his Instagram pic which kinda provides a hint to motivation...

Screenshot_20230412-072654.thumb.png.698030e7fe21d4dd76d04aa5e7ea2551.png

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know... Shoot, give him Gunn type minutes from last year and see if he can earn more... If not, nothing really lost... He doesn't strike me as a 4 year player anyway you slice it...

He's just saying his shot is money (meaning basically automatic)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He's not talking about making money.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Ok, but again, why go to Montverde when you can get paid at IU?

Shoot, even $50K for a kid getting housing and food provided is pretty sweet...

And IU facilities >

IU staff >

IU .... females > 

practicing against college players >

There soooo many advantages to him reclassifying. I have no clue if that part is true or not, though. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

https://instagram.com/kancatch?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This is his instagram. 

• Like 2

Just now, IUFLA said:

Thanks... I'll be the first to admit I'm not well versed in social media...

No Facebook, Instagram, Twitter for me... HSN is about the extent of me being "social" on the internet...

And some on here might even debate that 😉

I would assume Kanon made that in 5th grade-7th grade and then got to HS and made a new one. Something like that, I'm sure. 

Social media can be tricky. You aren't alone. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Ok, but again, why go to Montverde when you can get paid at IU?

Shoot, even $50K for a kid getting housing and food provided is pretty sweet...

Because this is an era of continuous free agency. At IMG or Montverde, etc., he would still get excellent coaching and training. He would still face outstanding talent every day in practice. But he'd get game experience against top talent from around the country. He may get named to the McD AA team. His NIL value would likely increase more than being redshirted at IU. 

I just can't imagine a scenario where a top 20 player would reclassify in order to redshirt. 

11 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Because this is an era of continuous free agency. At IMG or Montverde, etc., he would still get excellent coaching and training. He would still face outstanding talent every day in practice. But he'd get game experience against top talent from around the country. He may get named to the McD AA team. His NIL value would likely increase more than being redshirted at IU. 

I just can't imagine a scenario where a top 20 player would reclassify in order to redshirt. 

@btownqb said something about redshirting... I never did...

I said let him get the kind of minutes Gunn did last year, and see if he can gain more with his play...

And even against the likes of Kennesaw State he's facing better, more experienced teams than he would in high school...

You keep ignoring the money, like it's insignificant... I'll point out that the kid who was #13 on our bench paid his sister's school loans off... 

Money matters...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Looks like Dalton Knecht picked up a selection for Oregon on 24/7. So...hopefully our guys can pull some magic and get him on campus. 

Yeah, that might put some cold water on the idea that Knecht is visiting. Jason Scheer is a piece of work but is connected and doesn’t just throw CB predictions out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Yeah, that might put some cold water on the idea that Knecht is visiting. Jason Scheer is a piece of work but is connected and doesn’t just throw CB predictions out. 

Yea, he usually does those if he is pretty certain and his the right info, but idk why someone would play for a coach that wants to be fired