Transfers with IU Interest

50 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Since Woodson's knee surgery has been in the middle of this recruiting process, I was wondering what the recovery time was. I don't have clue as to what kind of surgery he had, whether it was major or somewhat simple. When can he up, out and about? Does he need a few days or several weeks of recovery and or rehab? Just curious. 

the big question is can he still dunk the ball?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

the big question is can he still dunk the ball?

I had my knee replaced about 14 months ago. Prior to surgery, I asked the doc if I would be able to dunk once this was all done. He asked me if I was able to dunk before I was hurt. I told him that was irrelevant.

Needless to say, I cannot nor ever could, dunk🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I had my knee replaced about 14 months ago. Prior to surgery, I asked the doc if I would be able to dunk once this was all done. He asked me if I was able to dunk before I was hurt. I told him that was irrelevant.

Needless to say, I cannot nor ever could, dunk🤪

@Steubenhoosier got game...

CEEF3A71-3A3B-4393-9E35-C9EFF106ED8E-214-000000394B3300BD.gif.2c4adfddbf3271af376ef2a21a6d835a.gif

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Since Woodson's knee surgery has been in the middle of this recruiting process, I was wondering what the recovery time was. I don't have clue as to what kind of surgery he had, whether it was major or somewhat simple. When can he up, out and about? Does he need a few days or several weeks of recovery and or rehab? Just curious. 

It depends greatly on what kind of surgery it was. I don’t think they announced details. 

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'm gunna be real with ya Bob, I don't think we are adding more than 1 guy 1-3. Could be wrong, though. 

To me... it's Ellis or Cormac or Cleveland. Realistically that's how I see it. Now.. add a (fingers crossed) Ledlum to one of those, I really like that. 

Edit--- I don't think we will take 2 wings. MAYBE Ellis and a wing. Goodness that would be a portal haul-- Ellis, Ware, Sparks, and a wing that we like. 

I could see that.  Personally, I would like a three level scorer on the wing and a combo guard with quickness who can shoot, defend the ball, and be a second option to run the Offense.  Otherwise we’d be counting on Gunn, or Newton for a good number of minutes.  I’m very high on Newton but he’s coming off injury and Gunn needs to work on his body.  

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I could see that.  Personally, I would like a three level scorer on the wing and a combo guard with quickness who can shoot, defend the ball, and be a second option to run the Offense.  Otherwise we’d be counting on Gunn, or Newton for a good number of minutes.  I’m very high on Newton but he’s coming off injury and Gunn needs to work on his body.  

What if.. 

XJ 30 Cupps 10

TG 20 Transfer 15 XJ 5

Transfer 15 TG 10 Banks 15 

What if that was the 1-3, generally? 

---"Transfer"= the same player. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

Can we have a meltdown here to make things interesting?  Last meltdown spurred Ware to commit, I feel like we have to feed the basketball gods meltdowns so that they will bless us with commits. 

I will start.  I hear things have gotten so bad that when in Assembly Hall, the sky will literally fall on you some days.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Can we have a meltdown here to make things interesting?  Last meltdown spurred Ware to commit, I feel like we have to feed the basketball gods meltdowns so that they will bless us with commits. 

I will start.  I hear things have gotten so bad that when in Assembly Hall, the sky will literally fall on you some days.

Naw that’s just the scoreboard!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Most elective knee surgeries are same day. Here patients even go home same day for total knee replacements barring complications or special circumstances. He would be able to be up same day and certainly could be on the phone or zoom meetings if needed/desired. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bama4IU said:

Most elective knee surgeries are same day. Here patients even go home same day for total knee replacements barring complications or special circumstances. He would be able to be up same day and certainly could be on the phone or zoom meetings if needed/desired. 

Sure but can’t tour with a recruit and if he is on drugs, don’t really want him on a zoom in bed. 

if it is TKR, ACL, etc it is at least a week until they can get around and even then is limited. 

2 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Sure but can’t tour with a recruit and if he is on drugs, don’t really want him on a zoom in bed. 

if it is TKR, ACL, etc it is at least a week until they can get around and even then is limited. 

You would be surprised. Many are sent out with little pain meds these days. Patients are instructed to get up and out of bed and back into a routine and rehab immediately. It’s amazing what Ortho has done with cutting back time. It used to be 3 days post op discharge in my hospital now it is same day. People are not drugged up as they used to be with post op pain pumps. All gone now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

What if.. 

XJ 30 Cupps 10

TG 20 Transfer 15 XJ 5

Transfer 15 TG 10 Banks 15 

What if that was the 1-3, generally? 

---"Transfer"= the same player. 

Are you thinking Gunn is part of the bench mob again next year?  I think if he can get his shots to start falling i think he could be a big player for us. 

6 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Are you thinking Gunn is part of the bench mob again next year?  I think if he can get his shots to start falling i think he could be a big player for us. 

Galloway went from a 20 something % 3pt shooter to 47%. No way Gunn is a .08 shooter!

• Like 2