Transfers with IU Interest

2 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

For all you social media follower believers, here is the run down this morning after Ledlum's other visits. This is just based on some brief searching of Instagram and I probably missed a couple.

He follows one St. Johns player

4 people from UT (2 staffers, 1 player)

From IU he follows Clif, Nick Virden (ops analyst), Hulls, Banks, Hogan (walk on), Isaac Green (GA), Cupps, Kel'el, Malik, Trey, X, Leal, and Adam Howard

Do what you want with this info. Ledlum will be a Hoosier, in my opinion.

I like what you're doing and your optimism. I personally dont try to get too wrapped up in who is following who and what it means. A lot of these players (younger generation) they meet people and the first thing they do it follow them on social media. An unfollow is just as easy as a follow.

Regardless, i do believe this shows how our players are involved in the recruiting process, and how much they are selling IU.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

For all you social media follower believers, here is the run down this morning after Ledlum's other visits. This is just based on some brief searching of Instagram and I probably missed a couple.

He follows one St. Johns player

4 people from UT (2 staffers, 1 player)

From IU he follows Clif, Nick Virden (ops analyst), Hulls, Banks, Hogan (walk on), Isaac Green (GA), Cupps, Kel'el, Malik, Trey, X, Leal, and Adam Howard

Do what you want with this info. Ledlum will be a Hoosier, in my opinion.

The surest indicator of who we were getting was Marni Mooney...our former academic advisor. Just when twitter fired up she only followed the guys she knew we were getting so when all the rumors were going around I just looked up who she followed. Happened there for years with Blackmon Jr being one of the biggest hauls...even with all the UK smoke there.

Guess my point is it's a never a bad thing but people are far more savvy these days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The surest indicator of who we were getting was Marni Mooney...our former academic advisor. Just when twitter fired up she only followed the guys she knew we were getting so when all the rumors were going around I just looked up who she followed. Happened there for years with Blackmon Jr being one of the biggest hauls...even with all the UK smoke there.

Guess my point is it's a never a bad thing but people are far more savvy these days.

I remember her and all the smoke around follows by her. What a simpler time that was....

• Like 1

Just now, Beamerball said:

This was about landing Ware and Sparks, not Ledlum. DeLoach was a backup option. Once Ware committed, we were done taking a flyer on DeLoach

Yes, and that is the exact time everyone started freaking out-- "omg we are getting DeLoach, Sparks, and Ware, how will we shoot, etc" 

Guys-- that was never going to happen. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes, and that is the exact time everyone started freaking out-- "omg we are getting DeLoach, Sparks, and Ware, how will we shoot, etc" 

Guys-- that was never going to happen. 

Exactly. Rabby did mention that this one could be revisited if he still does not have a home and after the staff lands what they deem enough shooting. For example, we land Ledlum, Knecht, and another wing scorer and DeLoach still is in the portal. Also he would be guaranteed coming off the bench, so he would have to be ok with that as well. However, I find that scenario (or any scenario with DeLoach coming) extremely unlikely. 

Edited by Beamerball
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Between2Halls said:

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

And the over reactions to him coming to IU look funny now. 

I'd have to sift back, but I called BS on that prediction as it happened.  There was never much smoke with Deloach and it appeared very much like he wasn't even option 1B.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I took a class with her at Memorial stadium and she was amazing with everyone. She definitely loved her athletes, but showed everyone love! I miss her at IU.

• Like 3